Lower East Side Slip and Fall Lawyers
An area as vibrant as the Lower East Side sees an enormous amount of foot traffic throughout the average day. With so many people moving around, it’s easy to see why slip and fall accidents are all too common in our community.
As Douglas and London, we have a vested interest in making our city a better place to live for all residents. With that in mind, here’s a look at five ways to prevent these types of injuries from occurring in the first place:
- Dress for the occasion: Slip-resistant shoes are a must year-round, as are comfortable, durable clothes that allow full range of motion. Avoid footwear with smooth leather soles, which offer little protection against accidents.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Keep an eye out for spills, puddles, and objects on the floor in store aisles and high traffic areas.
- Use your smartphone sparingly: You should minimize use of smartphones and other mobile devices while walking around the city.
- Walk at a reasonable pace and use short steps: Rushing into a new environment or taking bounding steps can make a slip and fall injury more likely.
- Use special caution in the winter: Patches of ice or snow can increase your risks of suffering a serious accident.
- Watch out for others as well as yourself: Notify an employee right away if you spot a slip or trip hazard in a retail location, public area, or restaurant.
Let’s say you’ve followed common-sense safety guidelines and still fallen victim to an accident. In these cases, it’s urgent that you contact a skilled slip and fall attorney right away. Neglecting this important step can not only cause financial problems; it can limit your ability to receive the medical care you need.
Contact our team of Lower East Side slip and fall lawyers
Going it alone when dealing with insurance companies and negligent parties is never advisable. You may find yourself pressured to accept a minimal settlement that leaves you ill-prepared for future medical challenges.
It’s much better to get in touch with our team instead. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Evaluate your situation and offer you expert legal advice: Knowing whether you have a viable case takes the kind of insight only a skilled legal professional can provide.
- Represent you when dealing with the other side: Negligent business owners and their attorneys have their own interests in mind, not yours. The same goes for insurance investigators and adjusters. Evening the odds takes expert legal help.
- Refer you to quality care providers: Our law firm enjoys close relationships with top-rated clinics and rehabilitative specialists, the kind that can help you to bounce back after you’ve taken a hard fall.
The slip and fall lawyers here at Douglas & London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients. Put our expertise to work for you by getting in touch with our office today. We offer free consultations, and we’re available 24/7 for your convenience.