Boat Accident Attorneys
A combination of speed, negligence, and the elements can make a boating accident catastrophic for all parties involved. If you or a loved one has been injured or experienced severe property damage, our team of boat accident attorneys at Douglas & London in New York, NY, can handle your case and fight to protect your rights. In addition to the serious injuries that are likely to result, there is also the risk of drowning. Our attorneys can work to ensure the negligent party is held accountable so that you can recover appropriate compensation for your injury and damages. Contact our law firm today at (212) 566-7500 or send us a message through our website to schedule a free review of your case.
Common Causes of Boat Accidents
Boating accidents, as with many other vehicle accidents, are often due to the negligent or reckless actions of one or more parties. A passenger could also potentially cause an accident. In some cases, an accident may result from malfunctioning equipment, which can place the boat manufacturer at fault. Some of the most common causes of boat accidents include:
- One or more boat drivers driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- An intoxicated passenger who interferes with the boat driver
- A boat driver who drives recklessly by speeding, making sharp turns too fast, and disregarding weather conditions
- Poor weather conditions and low visibility
- Improper or irregular maintenance
“We have recovered millions on behalf of injured clients, anc we are prepared to help you collect the compensation to which you are entitled.”
Consequences of Boat Accidents
Boat accident injuries can make it difficult to remain afloat, which can result in the injured parties drowning. In addition to damage caused by an injury, drowning and a lack of oxygen can result in serious brain damage or death. Injuries suffered during a boat accident are likely to require extensive medical treatment, which can result in large sums of medical bills. If your injury prevents or delays you from returning to work this can make paying those medical bills even more difficult. Victims of boating accidents may need physical therapy to regain strength. In addition, they may require psychological therapy to help deal with the trauma and to cope with any lifelong injuries.
Why You Should Call Douglas & London
Boat accidents can be complex, and it can be difficult to determine who is at fault. It is crucial to work with an attorney who understands the maritime law and frequently handles personal injury cases. Our boat accident attorneys can conduct a complete investigation to determine which party is at fault. We can then aggressively pursue damages for:
- Any medical expenses associated with your injury, including physical and mental therapy and present and future medical care
- Any property damage resulting from the accident
- Lost wages due to time off work to recover from your injury, or a loss of income if your injury prevents you from working long-term
- Your emotional and physical pain and suffering caused by your injury
- A reduction in your quality of life as a result of your injury
We can also pursue damages for funeral expenses and other losses for surviving family members who lost a loved one in a boating accident.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a boating accident, contact us online or call (212) 566-7500 today to schedule your free consultation. We have recovered millions on behalf of injured clients, and we are prepared to help you collect the compensation to which you are entitled.