Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of unsafe medical practices or neglect at the hands of a medical professional, the medical malpractice attorneys of Douglas & London in New York, NY, offer aggressive representation to help you collect compensation and hold the responsible party accountable. Our attorneys represent clients in a wide range of medical malpractice cases and have helped clients collect millions in damages. We can work diligently to prove that your doctor’s negligent actions resulted in an injury that has caused you a significant amount of emotional and physical pain in addition to extensive medical bills. Call (212) 566-7500 or send us a message through our website to schedule a consultation and discuss your case.
“An injury caused by medical malpractice can result in extended hospital stays, additional surgeries, and increasing medical bills.”
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
There are a wide variety of circumstances that can lead to a medical malpractice claim, from surgical errors and medication errors to a failure to diagnose an illness. Some of the most common medical malpractice claims include:
- Failure to Diagnose:
- If your doctor fails to diagnose a serious illness such as an autoimmune disease or cancer, you may have a medical malpractice case. In this situation, we must prove that another doctor could have reasonably diagnosed the illness.
- Misdiagnosis and Improper Treatment:
- If your doctor misdiagnosed your illness or injury and therefore recommended an improper treatment, this may be grounds for a medical malpractice case. Even if your doctor makes an accurate diagnosis, it is still possible for him or her to recommend an improper treatment.
- Surgical Errors:
- Surgical errors are unfortunately common in hospital settings. There are a wide variety of errors that can occur, including operating on the wrong side of the body, wrong body part, or the wrong patient altogether. Other surgeons may act negligently by failing to remove a surgical instrument from the patient’s body before suturing incisions. These errors can result in a need for further medical procedures and expenses.
- Medication Errors:
- Medication errors can occur for a variety of reasons, and can result in dangerous drug interactions, allergic reactions, and more serious complications. In some cases, patients may be prescribed the wrong dosage of a medication, or the wrong medication altogether.
- Failure to Warn of Potential Risks:
- If a doctor fails to warn a patient of serious risks and side effects associated with a medication, treatment, or procedure, the doctor may be liable for any injuries suffered by the patient.
Consequences of a Medical Malpractice Injury
An injury caused by medical malpractice can result in extended hospital stays, additional surgeries, and astronomical medical bills. These injuries are also likely to prevent you from returning to work, at least temporarily. These injuries can cause an excessive amount of pain and suffering and have a negative impact on your quality of life. As your attorneys, we can seek compensation for all of these losses. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, we will also seek compensation for funeral expenses, loss of income for his or her financial dependents, and other losses.
Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Our attorneys have secured millions in settlements and jury awards for our clients. It is important to contact our office immediately following an injury so our team can perform a thorough investigation. The state of New York places limits, known as statutes of limitations, on how long you have to file a claim following an injury. We understand these limitations and can work diligently to ensure your case is filed well within these deadlines.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury at the hands of a medical professional, contact our attorneys online or call (212) 566-7500 to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys are prepared to protect your best interests