Train Accident Attorneys
Each year, thousands of Americans are injured in accidents involving trains. If you are a railroad worker or public citizen and have been injured, the law firm of Douglas & London has a team of train accident attorneys in New York, NY, that can help you. A client who was injured by a subway train received a $20 million jury award with our help. Contact our law firm today at (212) 566-7500 or reach out online to schedule a free review of your case.
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Train accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some accidents are the fault of a negligent railroad worker or train operator, while others are the fault of pedestrians or other motorists. In other cases, the railway company or even an equipment manufacturer may be at fault. Some of the most common causes of train accidents include:
- Collisions with a vehicle, pedestrian, object, or other obstruction on the tracks.
- Improper or irregular maintenance performed by the railroad company.
- Defective equipment such as malfunctioning safety devices, mechanical parts, or railway crossing equipment.
- Errors by a railroad employee or operator, due to inadequate training or pure negligence or recklessness.
“A client who was injured by a subway train received a $20 million jury award with our help.”
New York relies heavily on railway systems for transportation. We can provide representation for cases involving all major railway systems in New York, including:
- Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA)
- New Jersey Transit (NJT)
- Long Island Railroad (LIRR)
- Metro North
- New Jersey Rail and Port Authority
- PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson)
- Passenger trains
- Commuter trains
- Freight trains
Whether you were a passenger on the train, a bystander, or a railway worker injured in an accident, we can provide you with the representation you need to hold the negligent parties accountable.
Working with Our Train Accident Attorneys
If you were involved in a train accident, it is crucial that you work with an attorney who understands the laws and the agencies that regulate transportation. Our attorneys understand this area of law and can provide you with the aggressive representation you need to secure the compensation you deserve. We can pursue compensation for:
- Any medical expenses relating to your injury
- Any property damage to your vehicle, home, or business
- Any wages you lost due to time missed from work to recover from your injury
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your injury
- Reduced quality of life, depending on the severity of your injury
Train accidents are often complicated, with multiple parties involved, which can make it difficult to determine who is responsible for the accident. We can conduct a thorough investigation to determine which party is at fault. If multiple parties are at fault, we can ensure that each of those parties is held responsible.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured in a train accident, contact our law offices online today or call (212) 566-7500 to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys are prepared to help you collect the restitution you deserve.