Rego Park Slip and Fall Lawyers
Everyone has fallen at some point in their life. Often, these falls result in little more than embarrassment. Not all falls are minor, though. In some cases, a slip and fall injury can lead to lost days or weeks from work or even permanent disability. If this has happened to you, our team of Rego Park slip and fall lawyers might be able to help.
An experienced slip and fall attorney can review the circumstances of your fall and advise you of the strength of your case. If they can establish that your injuries occurred due to the negligence of the property owner, you could be entitled to a substantial financial recovery. Call Douglas & London for a free case evaluation.
Tips for avoiding slip and fall accidents
Property owners have a duty to ensure the premises are free from avoidable hazards. That said, it is in your best interest to avoid slip and fall injuries whenever possible. The following tips can help you prevent these injuries:
- Stay alert. Keeping an eye on your surroundings can go a long way toward avoiding hazards that are visible to you.
- Wear proper footwear. The shoes you wear can play an important role in avoiding a fall, especially in situations where sturdy footwear is necessary.
- Use a handrail on stairs. The use of a handrail while descending stairs can make the difference between maintaining your balance and falling.
- Tread carefully in the dark. When lighting is poor, use more caution than normal.
Factors to consider in a slip and fall injury firm
Some attorneys take a general approach to the law, while others focus their practice on helping the injured seek justice. We are solely focused on assisting injury victims pursue the compensation they deserve.
There is value in working with an attorney that focuses on slip and fall injury claims. Below, we discuss five factors to consider when selecting legal counsel for your case:
- Focus on injury cases. Every area of the law is complex. Lawyers that cover a lot of areas do not have time to focus on the nuances of injury law.
- Track record of success. Previous success with slip and fall claims is essential.
- Ease of communication. How simple is it to speak with your lawyer directly? The more ways to discuss your case, the better.
- Free consultations. Your time is valuable, and you shouldn’t have to pay money to determine if an attorney is right for you.
- Contingency fees. If your attorney is working on contingency, you won’t owe them a dollar unless they collect compensation on your claim.
Contact our team of Rego Park slip and fall lawyers
You have the right to hire experienced legal counsel for your injury claim. Call right away to schedule a free consultation with the slip and fall lawyers of Douglas & London.