Peekskill Slip and Fall Lawyers
Peekskill is known for the many famous people who grew up in our community. But it’s also a place where accidents occur all too often. A New York slip and fall attorney from our firm is always happy to talk to you. We have a stake in making our community a better place for all its residents.
With that in mind, we’d like to share the following tips for staying safe as you go about your day:
- Be mindful: Steering clear of safety hazards is easier when you see them in time to avoid them altogether.
- Know the most common causes of slip and fall accidents: Wet floors are only one risk factor. Others include overextended power cords, damaged or uneven flooring, and loose or missing handrails.
- Choose clothing and footwear with care: Style should take a backseat to safety when it comes to shoes and apparel. This is especially true at night or during inclement weather.
- Use smartphones sparingly: We all know that texting while driving is a common cause of auto accidents. But did you know that walking while using a mobile device is also a threat to your safety? It’s best to limit your online activities to times when you’re not otherwise engaged.
While taking proper safety precautions is fine, it will never prevent every slip and fall accident. When you find yourself suffering due to the carelessness or negligence of others, then it’s good to know that our Peekskill slip and fall lawyers can help you to get back on your feet. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Help you to understand your legal options: Sometimes, the best thing for an accident victim to do is to deal directly with insurers or at-fault parties. Other times, the situation calls for professional legal help. We’ll help you to understand which course of action is best for you.
- Provide a caring, listening ear: Many people feel alone after an accident. A member of our staff can help by listening to your story. That’s why we offer free consultations as a matter of policy.
- Stand up to aggressive insurance reps or opposing counsel: It’s a fact of life that injured people are often harassed or high-pressured by insurance companies. The reason for this kind of behavior is to intimidate you into accepting less than you deserve for your injuries and suffering. You’ll never have to worry about that happening to you when our Peekskill slip and fall lawyers are in your corner.
- Free you from worries about out-of-pocket costs: If we take your case, then we’ll work on contingency. This means we only get paid if your case prevails. So have no fears about legal bills taking a bite out of your budget.
New York statutes of limitations mean that the time to seek legal help is right now. We’re available 24/7. We invite you to reach out to our slip and fall lawyers today. We look forward to advocating for you.