Harlem Slip and Fall Lawyers
If you sustained injuries during a fall through no fault of your own, it is essential to know you have legal options. To be more precise, if it occurred due to a hazard on another person’s property, you could have a legal claim against the property owner. With the guidance from our team of Harlem slip and fall lawyers, you might be able to recover financial compensation.
In many cases, the property owner responsible for your injury will have an insurance policy in place for circumstances like these. That does not mean the insurance company will make the process easy. In fact, insurers will actively work to avoid providing compensation. A dedicated personal injury lawyer could help you hold these insurance companies accountable.
What to do after a slip and fall accident
The steps you take immediately after an accident can significantly impact your chances of financial recovery. The steps outlined below will assist you and your slip and fall attorney to maximize your compensation while protecting your health.
- Seek medical attention. You should prioritize your health after a fall. Even if you feel your injuries might be minor, it is best to get checked out immediately. Often, the injuries resulting from a fall may not be immediately apparent. If you delay treatment, you not only put your health at risk but the success of your injury claim as well.
- Report the accident. If you fall at a place of business, report the accident immediately. The same is true if your fall occurs in the common area of an apartment building. If possible, file a written report regarding how the fall occurred.
- Document the fall. Make a note of every aspect of your accident. Photograph the object or substance that caused the fall and identify potential witnesses. Write down or record your recollection of how and why you fell.
- Do not discuss the fall. While you should make a written report, do not discuss the injury with the property owner or their insurance company. Any statements you make could be used against you during the claims process.
- Contact a lawyer. You should never take on these claims by yourself. The litigation process is challenging, and one mistake could cost you dearly.
No fee unless we are successful
You deserve to pursue your slip and fall injury claim without worrying about the cost of legal counsel. That is why at Douglas & London, we never charge a fee unless we recover compensation on your claim. If we are not successful, you will not owe us a dime.
Contact us today for a free consultation
Have questions about pursuing a slip and fall claim in Harlem? Douglas & London has answers. Call today to schedule a free consultation.