Spring Valley Car Accident Lawyer
Spring Valley is a city that’s always on the move. The location along the New York Thruway and the Pascack Valley Line allows everyone to get where they want to go quickly, comfortably, and safely. Of course, when it comes to convenience, nothing beats an automobile. But traveling by car has its dangers as well as its benefits. You’re already familiar with this fact if you’ve recently suffered an auto wreck.
Talking to a car accident lawyer can never undo what circumstances have taken away. But it can help you move on with your life. The journey ahead starts by getting in touch with Spring Valley car accident lawyers today.
Was it your fault? Only an attorney can say for sure
Accident victims sometimes let misconceptions about liability rob them of the opportunity to receive the compensation they deserve. In particular, they assume that, since they played some role in their wreck, they are therefore ineligible to seek help through the legal system.
On its surface, this may sound like common sense. In truth, however, the reality is often more nuanced. Here’s what we mean:
- Liability is rarely cut-and-dried: By this, we mean that multiple persons or external factors can work together to cause an auto wreck. It takes qualified Spring Valley car accident lawyers to sort out the tangled web of responsibility in a particular case.
- Human error is only one thing to consider: For example, a mechanical defect or problem with the road surface often plays a contributing role in an accident. This can make the automaker or highway department partly liable.
- It’s often difficult for auto accident victims to see objectively: The adrenalin and other stress hormones that rush through the body and mind during a collision can sometimes distort our view of reality. There may be a strong disconnect between what we remember and what occurred.
For all these reasons and more, we urge you to talk to a personal injury attorney before making any decisions regarding your case.
What to look for when searching for an auto accident law firm
Choosing a car accident lawyer is a major decision. But knowing what to look for can help you to narrow down your options. Here are some key things to consider:
- What kind of track record does the firm have? A skilled car accident attorney can show a history of obtaining desirable results for his or her client. For example, at Douglas & London, our lawyers have recovered over $18 billion for our clients over the years.
- How do they treat their clients? Good law firms do more than provide legal services. They also treat their clients with the respect and consideration that every accident victim deserves. Never settle for being treated like a case number instead of a human being.
- What is their fee structure like? This is important to consider. Otherwise, you may find yourself saddled with a huge legal bill at the worst possible time. Look for a law office like Douglas & London, which offers free consultations and works on contingency.
Contact Douglas & London today to get the ball rolling. We’re available 24/7, either online or by giving us a call. We might be able to help you rebuild your life.