Queens Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured through no fault of your own, now is the time to consider your legal options. If another person or entity’s negligence or intentional actions are responsible, you may be entitled to compensation. A Queens personal injury lawyer at Douglas and London could help you pursue a case. We specialize in results-focused advocacy so that you can receive the compensation you deserve to rebuild your life.
Types of personal injury claims
Many different fact patterns can result in a personal injury case, from car accidents to medical malpractice. The key to recovering damages is that the defendant’s negligence must have caused the accident. A personal injury lawyer in Queens, NY, will help build a solid case. Some common types of personal injury cases include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Train accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Product liability
Before you consider resolving your personal injury case on your own, consider a discussion with an experienced attorney. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Compensation for your injuries
If you resolve your personal injury case through a settlement, the amount usually reflects the number of different damages. Identifying the type of damages you could be entitled to recover would be difficult without the help personal injury legal help in Queens. Some of the types of compensation you could recover include:
- Pain and suffering. Your physical pain could lead to financial compensation. Unlike measurable damages, the value of your pain and suffering claim is subjective, but there are formulas that help to quantify them
- Medical bills. Your medical expenses can be overwhelming following a serious injury. If you are struggling, a civil lawsuit, if successful, will provide you with financial relief. This could include compensation for your pain medication, emergency room visits, hospitalization, and other treatments.
- Lost wages. If you’ve been seriously injured, you will probably miss many days of work. Your civil case could help you recoup those lost wages.
- Mental anguish. Mental anguish is used to describe the emotional strain of a traumatic event. The psychological repercussions can last long after your physical injuries have healed.
These are only a few of the types of compensation that may be available in your case. Learn more about your recovery options during a free case evaluation with a Queens personal injury lawyer.
Contact a Queens personal injury lawyer at Douglas and London today
You do not have to let your accident completely upend your life. While the physical, emotional, and financial toll that an injury takes can be overwhelming, a successful civil lawsuit can help remedy the financial strain. We are ready to help you get the most out of your personal injury lawsuit. Our team is prepared to fight for your case every step of the way.