Head-on Motorcycle Accident
If you or someone you love has been involved in a head-on motorcycle accident, the importance of speaking with experienced legal counsel cannot be overstated. An NYC personal injury lawyer can provide helpful insight. This guidance is essential given what is at stake. These types of accidents frequently result in catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a head-on motorcycle accident, contact our team at Douglas & London today.
Common Causes Of Head-on Accidents
A head-on motorcycle accident happens in many ways. Sometimes, these collisions involve a larger motor vehicle. In other situations, two motorcycles could wreck head-on. Some of the common causes of these accidents include:
- Lack of visibility. Often, poor visibility is to blame. When a motorist cannot see the road clearly, it becomes more likely that they will drift over the center line and into oncoming traffic.
- Poor road conditions. These accidents also frequently result from poor road conditions. Loose gravel or missing stop signs could all contribute to head-on motorcycle accidents.
- Intoxication. Intoxicated drivers are frequently at fault for motorcycle accidents. A drunk driver might not have the presence of mind to avoid drifting into oncoming traffic. They are also more likely to fall asleep behind the wheel, which is a significant risk factor for head-on crashes.
- Distraction. Motorcycles also collide head-on with other vehicles when one or more of the motorists involved was distracted. Common sources of distraction include reading text messages or talking on the phone.
Human error routinely leads to motorcycle accidents, but it is not the only possible cause. Defective motorcycles also have the potential to lead to a head-on crash. If you have questions about your head-on motorcycle accident, the team at Douglas & London can help you find the answers.
Head-on Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Head-on motorcycle accidents frequently lead to severe bodily injuries. The force generated in a head-on crash is much higher. This is especially true with motorcycle accidents, given how little of the impact will be absorbed by the bike itself.
These injuries are also frequently severe if the rider is thrown from the bike. There are additional risks if the rider lands in the path of oncoming traffic. Some of the injuries that often occur with these accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Severe burns
- Sprains and strains
- Spinal cord damage
These injuries have the potential to require lengthy medical treatment and rehabilitation for the rest of their lives. A personal injury lawsuit could provide the financial support necessary to cover these expenses.
Other damages could be available, too, including lost wages, pain and suffering, motorcycle repair costs, and more. A motorcycle accident lawyer in New York will evaluate your case and advise you on your chances of recovering compensation following a head-on collision.
Contact Us At Douglas & London For A Free Consultation
If you or a loved one are dealing with serious injuries and overwhelming medical expenses, a personal injury case might be the only chance of reducing your financial strain. At Douglas & London, we understand what is at stake following a motorcycle accident. To pursue compensation for your injuries, contact us for a free consultation right away.