Jamestown Slip and Fall Lawyers
Here in Jamestown, we don’t let the hustle and bustle of big-city life keep us from getting to know our neighbors. Our community spirit sets us apart as one of New York State’s best places to live.
With that in mind, we’d like to share some information of particular interest to victims of slip and fall accidents. Use these tips to help yourself or a loved one who is suffering from a personal injury.
Three assumptions you should never make after a slip and fall accident
Knowing what not to do after a personal injury is every bit as important as knowing what you should do. Here are three common assumptions to watch out for:
- Assuming that you’re OK: The human body has several built-in safeguards that kick in right after an accident. Endorphins mask the pain and adrenaline gives you a surge of energy. But these effects can sometimes hide the true extent of your injuries. So, don’t take chances; see a healthcare professional as soon as possible.
- Assuming that insurance companies have your best interests in mind: In reality, insurers are like any other private business. They exist to make a profit.
- Assuming that you have plenty of time: New York statutes of limitation make it imperative for you to talk to a slip and fall attorney right away. Putting off this vital step can rob you of the compensation you deserve.
Seeking legal help is essential for enjoying the best possible results after your accident. But how do you distinguish a great personal injury law firm from one that isn’t? Here are some proven strategies:
- Check online reviews: The best way to know how Jamestown slip and fall lawyers will treat you is to look at how they have treated clients in the past. Don’t just glance at the overall ratings. Read the comments as well.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about fees: Too many accident victims have found themselves in financial trouble because they chose a firm that charges clients upfront. Limit your search to firms that offer free consultations and contingency terms.
- Contact the firm at a time that’s convenient for you: The best Jamestown slip and fall lawyers are available 24/7 for potential clients.
- Choose a firm that specializes in personal injury law: Otherwise, you’re taking an unnecessary risk because this is a very specialized field.
Once you consider everything, we’re sure that you’ll choose the slip and fall lawyers of Douglas and London to represent you. Here’s why:
- Our track record: We have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years. We can help you, as well.
- Our reputation: We’re known and respected throughout the country for our legal skills and investigative resources. Insurance companies and at-fault parties know you’re serious when you choose us.
- Our clients-first approach: Not only do we protect our clients from high-pressure and harassment, but we also stay in touch with them throughout every phase of the process.
Contact Douglas and London today to schedule your free consultation. We can help you rebuild your life.