Gramercy Park Car Accident Lawyers
Gramercy Park is known for being one of the city’s most desirable neighborhoods. But auto accidents can happen anywhere, even in a community as quiet and safe as this one.
At Douglas and London, we’re happy to advocate for injured parties to receive the compensation they deserve. At the same time, we recognize that many auto accidents are the result of mechanical problems that might be prevented with regular maintenance.
With that in mind, we’d like to offer five tips for keeping your vehicle in top shape. This information is presented as a high-level introduction to the topic of auto maintenance. Please refer to your owner’s manual for specific recommendations about your vehicle.
Five ways to get the most service out of your car
- Checking your tires regularly: Even the best set of tires requires routine care. This means maintaining proper air pressure, rotating the tires periodically, and checking the tread for signs of wear or other problems. If you notice a leak, then get the vehicle to a qualified auto shop right away.
- Change the oil and other fluids: Most automobile owners have the oil changed regularly. But your vehicle depends on many different types of fluids to keep the transmission, power steering, windshield wipers, and power brakes functioning properly.
- Checking the lights: Inspect not only the headlights but the turn signal, tail, and brake lights as well. This is one of the most important, yet most overlooked, aspects of proper auto maintenance.
- Replace windshield wipers as needed: Here in New York, wiper blades take a beating during all four seasons of the year. They can’t do their job when they become worn or brittle. The best cure for this problem is prevention.
- Have potential problems checked sooner rather than later: Most mechanical trouble doesn’t come out of the blue. It starts with an odd noise, a peculiar smell, a strange rattle. The time to address these issues is as soon as you notice them, not after they become expensive and potentially dangerous problems.
When it’s time to seek legal help
Every automobile owner is responsible for keeping their vehicle in good shape. Still, it’s possible to follow all of the tips outlined in this post and find yourself the victim of a serious accident.
If this has happened to you, then it’s urgent to get in touch with a qualified New York personal injury attorney. The sooner you take this important step, the sooner you’ll be able to rebuild your life.
How do you choose the right New York car accident lawyers to handle your case? That’s where Douglas and London come into the picture. Our skilled Gramercy Park car accident lawyers have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years.
Contact us today for a free consultation
New York statutes of limitation mean that the time to act is now. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.