Floral Park Slip and Fall Lawyers
Wet surfaces, misplaced objects, uneven flooring, and loose or missing handrails can set the stage for slip and fall accidents that can cause severe injuries. When mismanagement or negligence on the part of property owners created the hazard that caused your injury, you might be eligible to sue for damages to cover your losses.
Nobody can rewind the past or give you back what the negligence of others has taken away. But a slip and fall attorney can help you to get the compensation you deserve. Get in touch with our office today to talk to one of our slip and fall lawyers.
The top five causes of slip and fall accidents
Understanding why premises liability accidents happen can help us to prevent them in the first place.
With that in mind, here are five common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Wet or slick surfaces: Such as patches of ice, puddles of rainwater, and liquid spills of all kinds. When these hazards are overlooked or ignored, innocent people often pay the price.
- Worn, damaged, or poorly installed flooring: Carpet, tile, and concrete floors are everyday features of modern life. But installing and maintaining these products takes both skill and devotion. Haste, carelessness, or apathy can make even the most expensive flooring unsafe.
- Trip hazards: Anything that blocks the path of a person on foot can constitute a slip or trip hazard. Common examples include overextended power cords, unattended tools or equipment, and unstocked merchandise.
- Damaged or missing handrails: Going up and down stairways and ramps always entails some degree of risk. The potential dangers are multiplied when handrails or balusters are either missing or in poor condition.
- Lack of barricades or warning signs: The classic example of this problem is a freshly mopped surface without a WET FLOOR sign in place. But any environment in which dangerous conditions go unmarked or un-barricaded is a slip and fall accident waiting to happen.
Putting the pieces of your life back together after a serious injury is always challenging. The challenges become almost insurmountable when you’re facing both physical discomfort and financial uncertainty.
One way to take back control of your life is to get in touch with a Douglas and London slip and fall lawyer today. Here’s how we can help:
- By offering a listening ear and a caring heart: Simply talking to another person about your accident can have a healing power all its own.
- By helping you to understand your legal options: Sometimes the best choice for an accident victim is to work directly with an insurance company or negligent party. Other times, the only answer is to go to court. Either way, a personal injury attorney can help you choose the right course of action.
- By showing the other side that you mean business: Hiring floral Park slip and fall lawyers to represent your interests tells insurance companies and at-fault parties that you intend to get every penny of the compensation you deserve.
The slip and fall lawyers here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years. They can help you as well. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. Someone from our office is available 24/7, 365 days a year.