Castle Hill Slip and Fall Lawyer
When slip and fall accidents strike, it’s essential to have the right slip and fall lawyers on your side. Get in touch with Douglas and London today to schedule your free consultation. We stand ready to advocate for you.
Seven tips for avoiding slip and fall accidents
The best way to deal with these accidents is to keep them from happening in the first place. With that in mind, here are seven tips for keeping your balance as you go about your daily life in Castle Hill:
- Stay alert: Many slip and fall accidents can be prevented simply by paying attention to what’s happening in the surrounding environment. Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, especially potential safety hazards like wet floors, cracked sidewalks, ice, and snow.
- Use mobile devices only when necessary: Minimize smartphone use while you’re walking around town. If you must check your email or send a message, then find a place that’s out of the way of foot and vehicular traffic.
- Dress for the weather: Rainy or icy conditions call for different types of footwear than warm, bright summer days. It’s a good idea to wear shoes with slip-resistant soles whenever possible.
- Always use a handrail when ascending or descending stairs: Slip and trip hazards on staircases are especially dangerous. Even a moment’s inattention can send you tumbling down a flight of steps.
- Never disregard a wet floor sign: As strange as it may sound, some slip and fall victims purposely ignore hazard markers, setting the stage for their own injuries.
- Use extra caution in dark or out-of-the-way areas: A single burned-out light fixture can make seeing a slip or trip hazard almost impossible until it’s too late to avoid it.
- If in doubt, then go around: If you’re unsure about whether an area is safe, then don’t take chances. Find another way to get where you’re going instead.
When it’s time to get in touch with our team of Castle Hill slip and fall lawyers
Sometimes you can take every reasonable step to avoid an accident, only to find yourself with a serious injury. If that happens, it’s crucial to contact a qualified slip and fall attorney as soon as possible. Here’s why:
- To prevent the clock from running out: New York State places strict statutes of limitation on the time you have available to seek compensation. The time to act is now, not later.
- To have the upper hand when entering into compensation negotiations: Working with Castle Hill slip and fall lawyers sends a clear message to insurance companies and negligent parties. It lets them know that you’re serious about achieving a fair outcome for your case.
- To enjoy much-needed peace of mind: Knowing that a skilled and experienced law firm has your back can do more than help you get maximum compensation. It can also help you to relax and focus on your recovery.
We have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years. Put their skills to work for you by getting in touch with us today. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.