Brooklyn Heights Slip and Fall Lawyers
Are you suffering due to a slip and fall accident? If so, then It’s important to have the right slip and fall lawyers from Douglas and London on your side. Otherwise, you may find yourself dealing with more than you can handle, both physically and financially.
Bumps and bruises are just the beginning of the story
These accidents account for more than 1 million emergency room visits every year. Luckily, many of these misfortunes inflict little more than minor injuries.
Other times, however, the results for the victim can be long-lasting or even life-altering. Here are some examples:
- Traumatic brain injury: A healthy brain is essential for memory, personal communication, intellectual ability, and emotional stability. A slip and fall injury can impair these critical cognitive functions.
- Neck or spinal damage: The spinal cord is the “Grand Central Station” of your nervous system. Even mild trauma to this part of the body can cause pain, numbness, or paralysis.
- Broken or fractured ribs: Most rib injuries take the form of micro-fractures that can require months to heal. A less frequent but far more severe type of injury takes place when a rib snaps in two. When this happens, the complications may include lacerated muscles and punctured internal organs.
- Impaired mobility: Sometimes, the results of a slip and fall injury are so severe that victims must use a cane, crutches, or wheelchair, either temporarily or for the rest of their lives.
- Chronic pain: Severe, ongoing physical discomfort can shatter the victim’s quality of life and make essential everyday tasks almost impossible to perform. In the worst cases, the person ends up permanently disabled.
When you’re trying to rebuild your life after a serious accident, the help of a skilled slip and fall attorney can make all the difference in the world. Here’s why:
- Brooklyn Heights slip and fall lawyers understand the New York legal landscape better than any layperson: Sometimes, injury victims are misled by websites that claim to teach “DIY” legal skills. In reality, the average personal injury case is far too complicated for a layperson to handle. Getting the right results takes a professional.
- We know how to handle aggressive tactics: You’ll never have to worry about harassment or intimidation from the other side when you have a qualified personal injury attorney in your corner.
- We represent your best chance of getting the compensation you deserve: For example, we have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years. Those kinds of results speak for themselves.
Contact us today for a free consultation
State statutes of limitation mean that the time for you to seek legal help is right now. Contact Douglas and London today to schedule your free consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience. When people fall, we help them to get back on their feet.