Personal Injury Lawyers in the Bronx, NY
A serious accident can derail your life. With medical bills piling up, missed time at work, property damage, and other significant losses, it’s challenging to recover from it. You need a trusted ally to help you get your life back on track. Contact a personal injury lawyer in the Bronx from Douglas and London. We have extensive experience litigating complex cases and recovering multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
A Bronx personal injury attorney with motor vehicle accident experience
Many people believe that their auto insurance company will completely cover their damages. Yet, it’s important to remember that an insurance company is a business, and the bottom line is its most compelling motivation. In most cases, insurers will not willingly pay accident victims what they deserve—that’s why it’s crucial to hire a personal injury lawyer in the Bronx to protect your interests.
At Douglas & London, we work on all types of car accidents—from a rear-end collision to a complicated multi-car crash. We understand the tactics that insurance companies use to minimize your damages. Our team is comprised of tough negotiators who can dramatically increase your settlement offer. And if a fair settlement isn’t forthcoming, we won’t hesitate to go to court.
In addition to car accidents, our team handles the following types of motor vehicle collisions:
- Truck accidents – A collision with a big rig can easily cause death or catastrophic injuries like amputation and traumatic brain injury (TBI). Our team will help you secure the compensation you need to care for your health now and into the future.
- Motorcycle accidents – Since motorcyclists lack the protection of a vehicle surrounding them, they are particularly prone to serious injuries ranging from brain trauma to road rash. In motorcycle-car accidents, the driver of the car is often at fault.
- Pedestrian accidents – Like motorcyclists, pedestrians are at risk of life-threatening injuries, and accident rates are high in the Bronx. About 200 pedestrians are seriously injured or killed each year in the Bronx.
- Bus accidents – Driver fatigue, inadequate training, pay-by-mile payment schemes, and lack of proper safety equipment are all factors that can contribute to bus accidents in the borough.
No matter what type of motor vehicle accident you’ve been involved in, the legal team at Douglas & London can help. We also work with victims of train accidents involving any of the railway systems in the NYC area—from subways to Amtrak.
Other types of Bronx personal injury cases we litigate
Our dedication to securing compensation on behalf of our clients extends beyond auto accidents. We handle all types of personal injury cases– including the following:
- Slip and fall accidents – If you slip or trip and fall on someone else’s property—or public property—you may be entitled to compensation. The property owner has a responsibility to ensure the premises are reasonably safe and that any existing unsafe conditions are fixed in a timely manner.
- Dangerous drugs – Both prescription and over-the-counter medications can be defective.
- Defective medical devices – Have you suffered complications from a potentially defective medical device, such as implanted mesh or joint replacements? Contact our team right away to discuss your legal options.
- Medical malpractice – Doctors are widely respected professionals, but they aren’t infallible, and when they make mistakes, patients suffer the consequences. We handle all types of malpractice cases.
- Birth injuries – Birth injuries are a particularly devastating example of medical malpractice, potentially leading to lifelong complications for the child.
- Product liability – Products that are defective in design or manufacture can result in significant injuries. We’re here to hold negligent manufacturers accountable.
Contact our Bronx personal injury team today
Since 2002, the law office of Douglas & London has vigorously defended the rights of accident victims in the Bronx and throughout New York City. Over the years, we’ve secured more than $1 billion in jury awards and settlements to help our clients get their lives back on track. Call us today to request a complimentary consultation with a Bronx personal injury lawyer.