Bensonhurst Slip and Fall Lawyers
Rich in culture and diversity, Bensonhurst is one of New York City’s most historic communities. Yet, slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere.
When they do, it’s important to trust your case to a skilled slip and fall attorney. Swift action on your part can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
Three critical factors in a slip and fall case
TV shows and motion pictures are great for entertainment. But it’s important never to confuse a script writer’s stories with real-world facts.
This is especially true when it comes to personal injury law. Hollywood would have us believe that lawyers win their cases by their brilliant, incisive closing arguments.
In reality, personal injury cases are won or lost based on strict legal principles backed up by hard evidence. This means that three factors must exist for a slip and fall claim to have merit:
- The owner or manager of the accident site must have caused or contributed to the conditions that led to your injuries.
- They must have known about the hazard and failed to remedy it.
- They must have had a reasonableamount of time to correct the danger before your accident occurred.
For example, let’s say that you’re walking through a food market one day when you slip on a wet spot and end up in the hospital with a broken leg.
You might have solid grounds for a personal injury case or claim if the store manager knew about the problem well ahead of time and made no effort to clean up the spill.
On the other hand, imagine that you’re walking through the same store when you see a WET FLOOR sign and caution tape marking off one of the aisles. You’re in a hurry, so you brush past the warning and end up flat on the floor.
In this scenario, your odds of winning a case against the store owner are remote, since you ignored the signs.
Most personal injury cases are nowhere near as cut and dry as these examples, of course. That’s why it’s always a good idea to talk to Bensonhurst slip and fall lawyers from our team if you’ve suffered an injury. It takes a trained legal mind to evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options.
Why you should choose Douglas and London
With so many law firms in the New York City area, why should you trust your case to us? Here are three good reasons:
- Our proven track record: Our attorneys have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients, a figure which speaks louder than words.
- Our specialized skill set: The slip and fall lawyers of Douglas and London are more than just a run-of-the-mill lawyer. They have the training and experience needed to represent your personal injury case as effectively as possible.
- Our ethics and integrity: Douglas and London are known and respected, not only in this area but across the country. You can feel good about choosing us to represent you.
Get in touch with Douglas and London today to schedule your free consultation.