Woodside Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents can happen anywhere, including right here in Woodside. When they do, your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve may very well depend on which car accident attorney you choose to handle your case.
Eight leading causes of auto accidents
- Substance impairment or abuse: This includes drunk driving, but it also extends to the use of any product that can impede your ability to drive. Common examples include marijuana, stimulants, or even prescription drugs. If you are ever in doubt about your condition, it’s always best to stay home or take a cab.
- Distracted driving: The best-known example is the use of a smartphone while behind the wheel. But anything that draws your attention away from driving can lead to a serious accident. This is why it’s crucial to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Inclement weather: Including rain, snow, and foggy conditions. You should exercise extra caution when driving in adverse conditions of any type. Drive slower, brake sooner, and allow extra room between your car and other vehicles.
- Speeding: Staying within the speed limit not only helps to keep you and others safe, but it can also save you the expense of a hefty traffic fine.
- Driving at night: Most of us routinely venture out after dark for practical or professional reasons. There’s nothing wrong with this, as long as we reduce our driving speed and keep an eye out for potential hazards.
- Aggressive driving: Changing lanes frequently, tailgating other vehicles, and running red lights are not only bad habits, but they can also inflict harm on ourselves and others. Remember to follow basic driver etiquette when you’re behind the wheel.
- Failing to pay attention at animal crossings: Every year, thousands of vehicles collide with a deer or other large animals. Pay extra attention to animal crossings to keep this from happening to you.
- Potholes, construction sites, and crumbling road shoulders: These are the kinds of hazards that can pose dangers to even the most careful drivers. The best way to avoid them is to see them ahead of time.
Sometimes even the most diligent precautions are not enough to prevent an accident. When you’re the one suffering due to the negligence or irresponsibility of others, a New York car accident lawyer from our team can help to set things right.
Contact us today for a free consultation
Get in touch with Douglas and London today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Woodside car accident lawyers. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience. When life knocks you down, we can help you to get back up.