Williamsburg Personal Injury Lawyers
All of us do our best to avoid misfortune. But sometimes even our most diligent precautions are not enough to protect us. A Williamsburg personal injury lawyer from our team at Douglas and London can help you to explore your options after an accident; giving you valuable guidance and peace of mind.
Personal Injuries Can Occur Anywhere
Williamsburg is known for its artistic aesthetic, its rich history, and cultural heritage– a great place to call home. But accidents can happen anywhere, including here. Here are some of the most common causes of personal injuries, according to the Consumer Products Safety Commission:
- Defective items: Most companies work hard to make their products safe. But sometimes an overlooked flaw can cause a shock, laceration, or another type of injury.
- Poor quality or bad practices: We rely on service providers to follow common-sense safety and health standards. But occasionally these professionals act in haste or out of negligence, harming others in the process.
- Vague or inadequate instructions: A product is only as safe as the directions that come with it. Innocent people suffer whenever employers, vendors, or manufacturers fail to provide important information.
What to Do if You’re Injured
The steps you take after suffering an injury can have long-term effects on your quality of life. Here are some tips to help guide you during this difficult time:
- Never assume that you’re okay: Each year, millions of Americans suffer needlessly from failing to seek medical care. It’s important to see a healthcare provider after any personal injury, even when it seems minor.
- Always document the events: For example, let’s say you slip and become injured while walking out of a retail location. If possible, you should take pictures of the scene immediately after the incident. You should also obtain a copy of the accident report and make personal notes.
- Avoid rash decisions: Those responsible for your injury may pressure you to sign forms or agree to their terms. Almost always, they’re acting in their own best interests, not yours. Be wary.
Things to Look for When Seeking Legal Counsel
Sometimes you need a personal injury attorney to help you investigate your options. Here’s how to choose the best practice for your situation:
- Consider the firm’s track record: A capable office has a solid history of obtaining favorable results. Our team of Williamsburg personal injury lawyers has the skills and experience to get you the most compensation.
- Never let concerns about costs overwhelm you: Many people hesitate to seek legal help due to fears of out-of-pocket fees. This is a valid concern. That’s why a firm, like ours, that works on a contingency basis is probably the best choice for most New Yorkers.
The attorneys here at Douglas & London have recovered more than $18 billion for our valued clients over the years. Get in touch with our team of Williamsburg personal injury lawyers today if you’ve been hurt by someone else’s negligence. You’ll soon have the facts you need to make an informed decision. We do work on a contingency basis, and we don’t get paid until you do. We’re available 24/7.