Whitestone Slip and Fall Lawyer
Named for the limestone cliffs that greeted the first European settlers, Whitestone is one of the leading communities in the borough of Queens. But slip and fall accidents can strike anywhere, leaving their victims with a mountain of medical bills and health problems, which can have lifelong repercussions.
No slip and fall attorney can undo the harm caused by the negligence of others. But they can help you to get every penny of the compensation you deserve, putting you on the path to a better future. The way forward starts by getting in touch with Douglas and London today.
Slip and fall accidents are a year-round hazard
Some people associate slip and fall accidents with winter, when the streets are icy, and snow covers the Whitestone landscape. But, in reality, these mishaps are just as likely to happen in the middle of an August heatwave. Here’s why:
- Wet floors: Every floor gets dirty,whether it’s in a private establishment or a public square. Staying on top of spills and stains requires regular upkeep. But even the most devoted cleaning crews can forget to block off freshly mopped floors, creating a slip hazard for the rest of us.
- Physical obstructions: These can range from boxes of retail merchandise to a briefcase left behind by a forgetful businessperson. Whatever the object may be, it can pose a danger when it’s in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Damaged or uneven flooring: The New York area contains almost 7 billion square feet of land, most of which are covered in rugs, concrete, tile, or other types of material. This means that, at any one time, there may be millions of loose tiles, crumbling steps, or carpet snags that can send an unfortunate pedestrian to the emergency room.
Not all slip and fall accidents are caused by the negligence of others, of course. But, when due caution isn’t enough to prevent misfortune, it’s time to get in touch with our team at Douglas and London. Here’s why:
- To get an expert appraisal of your legal options: Trying to practice law on your own is rarely a good idea. Only a skilled personal injury attorney can advise you on complex topics like liability and damages.
- To send an assertive response to the other side: Far too often, accident victims are pressured, intimidated, or even misled into accepting a token settlement. Engaging the services of our experienced and compassionate lawyers show that you’re serious about achieving a fair resolution.
- To safeguard your mental and physical wellbeing: Taking an active step towards getting the compensation you deserve can give you the peace of mind, you need to focus on your recovery.
Contact our team of Whitestone slip and fall lawyers
The slip and fall lawyers here at Douglas & London have recovered over $4 billion for their clients during their combined years of practice. Put their expertise to work for you by getting in touch with us today. We’re available 24/7 and we offer no-cost consultations.
We look forward to hearing from you.