Watertown Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have sustained an injury in the Watertown area, our skilled team of personal injury attorneys is ready to review your case right away. Time is of the essence when it comes to filing a lawsuit, as New York has a time limit. At Douglas & London, we are committed to fighting for the legal rights of our clients from Watertown and across New York. To learn how we can help, call us today to schedule your free initial consultation.
Types of cases our Watertown personal injury lawyers handle
Our firm handles a wide range of injury cases, including:
- Car accidents: collisions with cars, trucks, or motorcycles can result in severe injuries, especially in cases with intoxicated or distracted drivers.
- Premises liability cases: You may have a viable injury claim if you sustain an injury due to the negligence of a property owner.
- Medical malpractice: When a doctor or other medical professional makes a mistake, the consequences can be severe. Our firm is ready to hold them accountable.
- Dangerous drugs: If you suffered an injury due to a defective drug or medical device, you have the right to seek compensation from the manufacturer.
Damages available in a personal injury lawsuit
If you prevail in your personal injury case, a jury will award you damages based on your injuries. However, the potential damages in a personal injury lawsuit can vary greatly depending on the facts of your case.
Damages in a personal injury suit fall within two different categories: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are measurable, meaning a personal injury attorney can easily prove the value of the injury through invoices or receipts. Lost wages are a common example. Non-economic damages are not measurable due to their subjective nature. These damages are intended to compensate a victim for psychological/emotional damages like pain and suffering.
Common damages in a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Future medical costs
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disability
No fee unless we are successful
At Douglas & London, we never take a fee in a case unless we are successful in recovering damages in your case. That means you never have to worry about up-front fees. If we are unable to collect damages in your case, you will owe us nothing. If we are successful, our fee will be the percentage of your recovery agreed to up-front. You deserve strong legal representation in your injury case without the stress and worry of wondering how you are going to pay for it.
Contact a Watertown personal injury attorney right away
Your choice of personal injury attorneys is important and should only be made after thorough research. There is only so much you can learn from a website, which is why meeting with Watertown personal injury lawyers is so valuable. We understand how important your decision is, which is why we never charge a fee for an initial consultation. To schedule that free initial consultation, contact us right away.