Tarrytown Personal Injury Lawyer
More than 12,000 emergency room visits a year in Westchester County’s central region (which encompasses Tarrytown and its eight neighboring towns) are due to accidental injuries, the leading cause of visits.
When a serious accident occurs, the effects can be devastating – emotionally, financially, and physically. These life-changing moments happen suddenly, and knowing where to go and what to do next can be daunting.
From making critical medical decisions to navigating insurance claims to making up for lost wages when you have to miss work, the aftermath of a personal injury accident can be overwhelming. When the cause of the accident is due to the negligence of another party, it can be even more complicated for families to know where to turn.
Monetary damages to cover your losses
At Douglas and London, we know how stressful this time can be, and we want to emphasize that there is no reason to lose hope. A Tarrytown personal injury lawyer at our firm is waiting to help. Just like you, we are New Yorkers. We care about New York’s people and their quality of life.
We’re here to help you and other residents of Tarrytown get the maximum compensation for your injuries when another party’s negligence or other misconduct was the cause. You may be entitled to seek compensation for past, present, and future damages, including:
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Medical expenses and loss of wages
- Property loss or modifications
- Death and related costs
You can rely on our unmatched track record of success in representing clients in cases just like yours. Our lawyers have recovered $18 billion and counting for our clients in personal injury cases. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of the underdog against the deep-pocketed insurance companies. If you have been hurt through no fault of your own, let us help you get the monetary compensation you need to get you back on your feet.
NY statute of limitations
It’s important to know that from the second the injury occurs, the clock is ticking.
In New York, a claim for personal injuries must be filed within three years of the event happening. Even if you’re still seeking medical treatment, don’t wait until everything is resolved.
Our lawyers can help build a strong case, cover the cost of your medical expenses until a settlement is reached or a jury award handed down, and be a guiding hand during an uncertain and challenging time for you and your family.
Tell your story
A personal injury attorney at our firm will start by sitting down with you to hear your story. We review the basic facts of the incident, along with your medical diagnosis, and identify possible defendants. We evaluate the strength of your case and guide you through the potential outcomes.
If we take on your case, we consult our network of investigative experts and specialists who can serve as expert witnesses on your behalf. We always give your case the attention it deserves.
Most importantly, we don’t win unless you do. You only pay us an agreed-upon legal fee following the successful resolution of your case. If you recover no money, you don’t owe us a dime.
What types of personal injury claims can be made?
Whether you’ve experienced a traffic collision on busy Route 9 or had a fall in a workplace environment or local establishment, you have rights. Here are five types of lawsuits that our Tarrytown personal injury attorneys can help you with:
- Defective medical devices and prescription drugs: if you or a loved one are experiencing adverse effects, additional illnesses or diseases, or birth defects
- Defective products: can include children’s toys, kitchen appliances, and other products that may have design or manufacturing flaws
- Premise liability: accidents that occur due to property owner negligence, whether at a local business or a homeowner’s property. These could include slips or falls, dog bites, or swimming pool incidents.
- Motor vehicle accidents: distracted drivers, driving under the influence, or reckless driving can form the basis of a lawsuit
- Medical malpractice: Accidents, such as surgical or medication-related errors, that occur from the negligence of a medical professional, including a nurse, doctor, or surgeon
Contact the legal team at Douglas and London for your free consultation today.