Sunset Park Slip and Fall Lawyer
Imagine this: you’re taking a casual stroll around the neighborhood, either for enjoyment or to run some errands. You’re happy and relaxed, but suddenly, your feet fly out from under you as you slip and fall.
In the ER, the doctor gives you some bad news. Your mind races with worry as you wonder how you will pay your bills, make up for lost income, and overcome the health problems that now take center stage in your life.
This is more than a fictional scenario. It’s an apt description of the suffering inflicted on hundreds of thousands of slip and fall victims each year in the United States.
When you’re the one paying the price for someone else’s negligence, you might realize you need a lawyer to help you to get the compensation you deserve.
But how do you choose the right slip and fall attorney when you’re struggling with so many other issues right now?
One thing to look for is a strong track record. Law firms with a history of obtaining favorable results are more likely to do the same for you.
Why it’s OK to talk about dollar amounts
Some people object to a law firm disclosing how much compensation it has recovered for its clients. This may seem like an open advertisement for people looking to get rich quick.
In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Here’s why:
- Post-accident medical care can impose substantial financial burdens on accident victims: For example, treating a victim of an ice-related slip and fall can range from just under $30,000 to almost 50,000. Often the final bill is much higher, especially if the victim suffers long-term physical trauma.
- Liability insurance may not cover all of the injured person’s expenses: The companies that underwrite these policies have a vested interest in paying out as little as possible, a fact which often works against the best interests of accident victims.
- Medical bills are only the beginning of the story: A slip and fall accident can curtail the victim’s ability to work, move about the city, or perform basic self-care practices.
The vast majority of accident victims are not trying to cash in on their misfortunes. They simply want what’s fair and necessary to rebuild their lives.
Sunset Park slip and fall lawyers can help them to achieve this goal. Here’s how:
- By standing up to aggressive insurance adjusters and at-fault parties: The last thing you need right now is someone pressuring you to accept an unfair settlement.
- By building the strongest possible case for getting the compensation you deserve: Even when it means uncovering the facts that others try to hide.
- By keeping you apprised as your case progresses: Staying in touch with your attorney can help you to regain the sense of empowerment you lost when you fell and injured yourself.
Our lawyers here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $18 billion for their clients over the years; a figure that speaks for itself. Find out what we can do for you by scheduling your free consultation with a member of our staff today.