Spanish Harlem Car Accident Lawyers
Like the rest of Manhattan, Spanish Harlem is home to many motor vehicle accidents. While some crashes can be attributed to bad weather or construction hazards, many others are caused by distracted and reckless drivers. If you were hurt in a collision and are struggling with medical expenses, experienced car accident lawyers at Douglas & London can help.
Skilled accident attorneys serving Spanish Harlem
Our most important goal is helping clients get back on their feet as we pursue the money damages they deserve. Our legal team boasts decades of experience successfully handling serious injury claims, winning over $4 billion in verdicts and settlements.
Get all of your legal questions answered by our team of Spanish Harlem car accident lawyers who have the resources to properly investigate and litigate the most complex of injury claims. We offer powerful representation, and our clients can count on personal attention through every phase of the legal process.
Important steps to take after a car crash
Whether you’re in a minor fender bender or a serious collision, the actions you take are important. Make sure you are protected by following these steps:
- Stay calm and check for injuries
- Do not attempt to move an injured person unless it is a life-threatening situation
- If you can, move your vehicle out of traffic and put on your hazard lights
- Call 911, regardless if there is property damage or injury
- Limit your conversation with involved parties
- Do not admit fault or argue about liability
- Tell the police officer your version of what happened
- Exchange contact and car insurance information with all parties
- Take photos and document the scene of the accident (include images of property damage, license plates, street views, skid marks, and pertinent signage)
- As soon as possible, take notes or record yourself explaining what happened while the details are still fresh in your mind. Discuss the weather, driving conditions, visibility, and other relevant factors.
- If anyone witnessed the accident, get their name and contact information
- Request a copy of the police report
- Notify your insurance company
- Get medical attention. If the paramedics want to transport you to the nearest hospital for further examination, let them. Serious injuries, ranging from internal bleeding to concussions, may not show symptoms right away.
- Inform your car accident attorney and medical team about any changes in your health, including restrictions to daily activities, worsening pain, or new symptoms.
No-Fault insurance for accident claims
New York’s No-Fault insurance laws mean that you pursue benefits for medical bills, lost wages, and property damage from your own insurer, even if another driver was at fault. However, if you suffered severe injuries that meet the state’s threshold for litigation, you may be entitled to sue the at-fault driver for additional damages.
Contact our team of Spanish Harlem car accident lawyers for a free consultation
In either situation, a Douglas & London car accident lawyer can explain your options and discuss the best strategy for achieving the most favorable outcome. We know the tactics used by insurance companies and will never settle your claim for less than it is worth.