Ridgewood Slip and Fall Lawyer
Ridgewood is a densely packed community, even by New York City standards. With so many people sharing a small geographical space, it’s only natural for slip and fall accidents to occur regularly. When misfortune knocks you off your feet, it’s good to know that a personal injury lawyer can help you to get back up.
The many expenses that come with a slip and fall injury
Accident victims are often the target of inaccurate stereotypes. Many of us have heard the cliché about injured people either inventing or exaggerating their symptoms, in hopes of a big payoff.
Not only is this unhelpful, but it’s also untrue. In reality, the vast majority of people only want a fair settlement to cover their financial losses.
For most of them, this includes having enough funds to cover the following expenses:
- Accident-related medical care: This expectation is quite reasonable, as the injured party’s medical bills are usually a direct result of the mishap. In many cases, recovering from the accident can take months or even years of expensive treatments.
- Lost income: For most of us, our job is our primary source of funds. Missing even a few days of work can have devastating consequences for the average household budget.
- Associated care: For accident victims, everyday tasks like washing dishes, cleaning the house, or walking the family dog can become difficult or even impossible without a hired hand to help.
- Damaged or destroyed belongings: Whether the ruined property had professional, practical, or sentimental value, the consequences for the injured party can be both personally and financially devastating.
- Pain and suffering: This is one aspect of personal injury law that calls for an experienced slip and fall attorney. Calculating a reasonable amount of compensation for the victim’s physical and psychological discomfort requires expert legal knowledge.
If this has happened to you, we urge you to get in touch with our team of Ridgewood slip and fall lawyers as soon as possible. Trying to handle these matters through small claims court or by dealing directly with insurance companies will only put you at risk of long-term financial and health-related problems.
Contact our team of Ridgewood slip and fall lawyers
How do you go about choosing the right law firm to handle your case? Here are three tips to help you in your search:
- Keep your hard-earned money in your pocket where it belongs: In other words, you should take a pass on any law firm that charges upfront for consultations.
- Look past rhetoric and focus on results: Can the law firm tell you how much money its attorneys have recovered over the years? If not, then it’s probably best to look elsewhere.
- Consider the law firm’s reputation: The legal community is more closely-knit than you might think. Great practices gain stature and respect, both among their colleagues and among their clients.
Once you take these tips into account, we feel sure that you’ll choose Douglas and London to handle your case. Prove it to yourself by getting in touch with us today. Consultations are always free, and we’re available 24/7.