Richmond Hill Slip and Fall Lawyers
Our team of Richmond Hill slip and fall lawyers is available for free consultations in the aftermath of a slip and fall accident. Perhaps you slipped and broke a bone, twisted a knee, or hit your head. Adverse effects may be immediately apparent, or they may manifest over the coming weeks and months. You may have grounds for financial compensation if you suspect your accident could have been prevented by the property owner, and it has been less than three years from the date of injury.
What can a personal injury lawyer do?
When you call the personal injury lawyers at Douglas and London, we’ll:
- Ask you for a few details of the who, what, where, why, when, and how of your accident.
- Investigate your legal claim for liability issues and potential causes of the accident.
- Consult with you in person or over the phone to discuss your full range of legal options.
- Draft a demand letter requesting fair compensation to cover your losses.
- Negotiate with the property owner to see if an out-of-court settlement can be reached.
- Continue investigating to see if we can put more pressure on the other party to settle.
- File the personal injury lawsuit paperwork and seek expert opinions to substantiate your claim.
- Represent your case in court to seek a jury award.
- Help you receive money to provide for your future and connect you with local resources for recovery.
Working with a slip and fall attorney allows you to worry about getting your health and strength back, rather than how you’ll afford rehabilitation.
What damages are recoverable in a slip and fall lawsuit?
It is possible to sue for damages such as:
- Medical expenses – any related medical expense – past, present, and future.
- Lost wages – past lost wages and loss of future earning potential related to disability.
- Pain and suffering – an estimation of your physical pain, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment in life.
- Transportation – Up to $25/day in transportation expenses related to medical and legal appointments.
- Punitive – an excess amount of money intended to punish property owners for gross negligence.
In addition to litigating against the property owner, you may have a case against a company employee or third-party contractor as well. Often, these business entities are well-insured to cover the costs associated with your injuries.
Contact our team of Richmond Hill slip and fall lawyers
Legal consultations and services, which we can do over the phone, are provided at no upfront charge. We cover all the costs to pursue litigation. Should we attain compensation through settlement or jury award, our legal fee will come out of the recovery. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain from contacting a successful, experienced slip and fall lawyer at Douglas and London as soon as possible.