Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You need a New York City personal injury lawyer on your side if you’re suffering due to the negligence or ill intent of another person or entity. This is true even if you’ve already received a settlement offer since insurance companies and at-fault parties usually have their own interests in mind, not yours.
Five advantages of hiring a personal injury lawyer
Every day, people are injured while going about their usual routine. Not every accident is caused by the negligence of a second party, of course. All of us are responsible for practicing common-sense. But even the most diligent precautions on your part may still leave you vulnerable to the reckless actions of others.
When the unexpected comes to call, a personal injury lawyer can help you to put the pieces of your life back together. Here’s how:
- By providing an expert legal opinion on your case: Knowing where you stand legally takes the help of a skilled attorney. Personal injury law is a complex topic that requires years of study and experience to master.
- By standing up on your behalf to high-pressure tactics: People who have suffered a traumatic accident are often in a vulnerable position, both personally and financially. Having a law firm in your corner is the perfect way to make parties back off and give you the breathing room you need.
- By refusing to charge out-of-pocket fees: Many personal injury law firms work on a contingency basis, freeing their clients from the fear of a big legal bill. If the law firm you’re considering insists on charging you upfront, then it’s probably best to look elsewhere.
- By uncovering the facts that led to your accident: Carelessness and negligence are always dangerous, doubly so when they lead to innocent people being hurt. Engaging the services of a personal injury attorney not only helps to build your own case, but it can also force negligent parties to correct long-standing safety hazards.
- By keeping you up-to-date as your case progresses: There is nothing worse than the feeling of being left in the dark after suffering a serious injury. In fact, this kind of emotional stress can actually prolong your discomfort and reduce your chances of enjoying a full recovery.
Four things to look for when choosing a personal injury lawyer
Selecting a law firm is one of the most significant decisions you’ll ever face. Here are four tips to help you make the right choice:
- Consider the firm’s track record: For example, our attorneys here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years, a figure which speaks for itself.
- Look for a law firm that’s available when you are: Good personal injury law offices are available 24/7, every day of the year. After all, accidents occur around-the-clock. Why should your law firm be any different?
- Ask the firm if a representative can visit you in your home or hospital room: Quite often, injury victims are facing physical issues that can make even a short trip difficult, if not impossible. So, look for a law office that will come to you if necessary.
- Don’t be afraid to ask tough questions: You need to know how long the law firm has existed, what types of cases it specializes in, and what kind of investigative resources it has on hand. All of these factors can play a crucial role in your case’s outcome.
Contact us for a free consultation
Once you consider the above factors, we’re confident that you will choose a personal injury lawyer from Douglas and London to represent you. But don’t take our word for it. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Someone from our office is available anytime day or night, either online or at our convenient office number. When life knocks you down, we can help you to get back up.