Personal Injury Attorneys
Our team of personal injury attorneys at Douglas & London New York, NY, handle a wide range of claims, including defective products, car accidents, slip and falls, and medical malpractice. We offer aggressive representation to help our clients receive proper compensation, and hold responsible parties accountable for their negligence or misconduct. We understand the emotional and physical stress can injury can cause for you and your family. Our attorneys can ensure that you and your family receive appropriate compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses. Although our office is located in Manhattan, we also represent clients in The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island. Contact our law firm online or call (212) 566-7500 to book a free case review.
In the event that another party is responsible for your injuries, you are entitled to compensation for your hardships relating to your injury.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Some common personal injury claims include:
- Defective Products:
- There are three different ways a product might be considered defective. The general design of the product may be flawed, or there may have been defects during the manufacturing process. Additionally, a product may lack sufficient instructions or warnings regarding appropriate use. Defects can make vehicles, children’s toys, and kitchen appliances dangerous.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents:
- Accidents involving cars, trucks, or other motor vehicles are typically the fault of one or more drivers. Driving while distracted or under the influence, or just reckless driving in general, can all result in a serious accident and injuries for anyone involved.
- Premises Liability:
- Premises liability claims involve injuries that occur on another party’s property, usually due to the property owner’s negligence in maintaining the property. Premises liability claims can include
slip and fall accidents, which can occur in a business such as a grocery store or shopping mall, or on a homeowner’s property. These claims can also include dog bites and swimming pool accidents.
- Dangerous Drugs and Defective Medical Devices:
- Manufacturers of prescription drugs and medical devices have a duty to make products that are safe. Unfortunately, negligence does occur on the part of manufacturers and other parties.
Dangerous drugs can have serious adverse effects, including the development of illnesses or diseases, birth defects, and deformities. Defective medical devices can result in a multitude of injuries that usually require additional surgeries.
- Medical Malpractice:
- Medical malpractice lawsuits involve injuries resulting from the negligence of a medical professional, such as a doctor, surgeon, or nurse. Medical malpractice claims may include surgical errors, such as operating on the wrong part of the body; medication errors, including giving the wrong medication or wrong dose; and general hospital errors, such as contracting an infection due to a contaminated environment.
Why Work with Our Attorneys?
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to another party’s negligence or misconduct, our attorneys can help. They have helped injured clients collect millions in restitution, allowing them to rebuild their lives. You are entitled to compensation for your injuries, but this requires legal representation. We can help you collect restitution for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages or complete loss of income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
Even if the negligent party has deep legal resources, we are not afraid to pursue justice to the fullest. We are proud to fight for the underdog and can make certain that you are compensated for your losses.