Pelham Personal Injury Lawyers
Accidents can happen at any time, to anyone in Pelham. In a split second, an icy walkway, distracted driver, or a misdiagnosis can mean a trip to the emergency room, a long hospital stay or worse.
From minor to catastrophic personal injuries– this is stressful for an individual and their family, financially, emotionally and physically; especially when it is the result of another party’s negligence.
Whether this results in a loss of work and income or reduced quality of life, you are entitled to seek compensation for past, present, and future damages, including:
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Medical expenses and loss of wages
- Property loss or modifications
- Death and related costs
If this has happened to you, you need an expert at helping Pelham residents navigate the complexity of personal injury claims. Our team at Douglas and London are standing by ready to advocate for you.
How do I know if my injury qualifies for potential compensation?
An experienced personal injury lawyer from Douglas and London is skilled in these matters— and can answer all your questions. However, these are the most common claims we litigate:
- Medical malpractice at the hands of a nurse, doctor, surgeon or technical assistant
- Defective medical devices, prescription drugs or manufactured products that cause illness, disease, congenital disabilities or injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents from impaired or distracted drivers, general recklessness
- Premise liability which happens on another’s property due to insufficient attendance of the grounds, including dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and others
- Workplace injury from unsafe conditions, dangerous machinery, slips, trips or falls
I think I have a claim. What do I do next?
We start with a free consultation to hear your story, learn about the details– and help you decide on the best course of action. We evaluate potential compensation and then help to build the strongest case possible. For us, it’s helpful to have the full picture and the scope of what happened. That may include providing us with:
- Medical records and history (before and after the accident)
- Official police report(s)
- Insurance claims and statements
- Proof of medical bills and lost wages
- Additional supporting evidence including photographs of the injuries, accident location, obstacles, and any videos
When do we get started?
As soon as possible. While insurance companies may try to drag out the process for resolving your claim, it’s never too soon to start with a free consultation. In New York, there is a three-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims. From the moment the accident occurs, a claim must be filed within three years, or you risk losing any potential compensation.
Contact our Pelham personal injury lawyers today
As your first step call a Douglas and London personal injury attorney for your free consultation.
We have proven results. Since 2002, we’ve helped our clients recover more than $4 billion in verdicts and settlements.
Our Pelham personal injury lawyers will fight for you. They bring unmatched court-appointed leadership and peer respect– if you don’t win, neither do we. We’re dedicated to you, ensuring that your story is heard, and your case is solid. If we don’t succeed in getting you compensation, you don’t owe us any money.
Get started today with your free consultation and get on the road to financial recovery with the legal team of Douglas and London.