Paterson, NJ Business Interruption Insurance Lawyers
As a business owner, you know that life is full of uncertainties. That’s why you carry business interruption coverage (BIC). Without it, you would have little protection against an unforeseen or abrupt change to your income. However, BIC insurance is only as good as the company that issues the policy.
Due to the pandemic, perhaps your insurance company has already denied your BIC claim. If so, then our team of Paterson, New Jersey business interruption insurance lawyers want to talk to you now. Our expertise can make a world of difference for your future.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Millions of Americans are struggling with overwhelming health and financial problems due to COVID 19. Fortunately, the government has stepped in with programs for laid-off workers. But what about people like yourself, who create the jobs? In some ways, business owners have been overlooked during this crisis. Dealing with plummeting revenues and an uncertain future is stressful enough. But now the billion-dollar insurance companies are adding insult to injury by refusing to pay off on coronavirus-related losses.
As you might expect, they’re using their vast resources to discourage policyholders from filing claims—however, this is an evolving situation, and you should still file. Here’s why:
- Most BIC policies include protection against multiple types of catastrophes, not just pandemics: For example, many of them contain civil authority clauses designed to guard against government-enforced shutdowns– which is where we are now.
- Insurance laws are designed to protect policyholders: These rules protect average people from unscrupulous insurers, who may try to evade responsibility by filling policies with ambiguous and misleading terms.
- You’re not alone in your fight: Giant companies like McDonald’s and Burger King are already doing battle with insurance firms over BIC claims. Would they go to that much trouble and expense if they had no chance of winning? Remember, there’s strength in numbers.
Legal casebooks are full of examples in which insurance companies lost in court after initially denying a claim.
What to look for in Paterson, NJ business interruption insurance lawyers
Your next step is to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. Here’s why we worthy of your consideration:
- Our reputation: We’re known and respected across the country. Insurance companies know you’re serious when you choose Douglas and London to represent you.
- Our record: Our attorneys have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years. We can help you, as well.
- Our resources: Unlike smaller firms, we have the legal and investigative muscle to take on any case, no matter how big or small.
Contact us today for a free consultation
Get in touch with Douglas and London today to schedule an appointment with a New Jersey business interruption insurance attorney. Consultations are always free, and we’re available 24/7. Talk to you soon.