Ozone Park Personal Injury Lawyer
Ozone Park is known throughout the city for its rich culture and growing, diverse population. It’s a great place to live or work. But accidents and personal injuries can happen anywhere, often when you least expect them.
Recovering from an accident takes time and effort. The last thing you need to worry about is getting the compensation you deserve. That’s why it’s important to talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Types of Personal injuries
A little knowledge goes a long way towards preventing mishaps. With that in mind, here’s a look at some of the more common types of personal injury. Incidents like these happen every day in our society:
- Falling or slipping: Each year, more than 200,000 falls or slips occur in workplaces across the United States. That’s not counting the many thousands of incidents that involve non-employees, such as customers or site visitors.
- Auto accidents: Vehicle crashes injure more than 3 million people in the US annually.
- Burns: Statistics show that around 50,000 Americans each year require hospitalization due to burn injuries. In many cases, these are caused by product defects or third-party negligence.
- Struck by objects: These accidents often stem from overloaded shelves, unsecured loads, or inadequate safety measures. They can occur in any commercial, public, or retail environment.
- Defective products or practices: All of us rely on product manufacturers and installers to act with an eye toward safety. When they fail to do their jobs, innocent people often pay the price.
Understanding Your Legal Options
Not every accident is caused by someone else’s negligence, of course. But trying to sort through the facts on your own is never a good idea. Only a qualified personal injury attorney can determine whether your case has grounds for legal action.
We urge you to contact our Ozone Park personal injury lawyers today if you’ve suffered due to another’s negligence or ill intent. In the meantime, here are some steps you can take towards recovery:
- See a healthcare professional: Injury-related medical problems sometimes take days or even longer to surface. It’s always a good idea to let a medical provider check you out, just in case.
- Take some personal time: You may need a break in order to process the emotions you feel after an accident. Mental trauma is a common and very real problem.
- Record the details: If possible, you should make a visual or written record of the circumstances surrounding your injury. This information may prove important down the road.
Here at Douglas and London, we’re proud to help people like you who have suffered a personal injury. No firm in the city works harder to see that justice is done. That’s why our attorneys have recovered more than $18 billion for our clients over the years.
We never charge for consultations, so feel free to tell us your story. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.
Remember, we collect no fees unless you win your case. Get in touch with us today. We look forward to speaking with you.