Mount Kisco Personal Injury Lawyer
Mount Kisco is known as the “big little village,” and for good reason. This small, tight-knit community is home to some of New York’s best shopping, dining, and cultural opportunities.
But Mount Kisco is also a place where you or a loved one may be injured by another person’s carelessness or willful intent. Should the unfortunate happen, it’s good to know that you can turn to a personal injury lawyer for counsel and help.
Five Tips for Dealing with a Personal Injury
As New Yorkers ourselves, we have a vested interest in promoting the safety and well-being of all our state’s residents. With that in mind, here are five tips to remember when the unexpected comes your way:
- Stay cool: A lot of things happen inside a person’s body and mind after an accident. Heart rate increases, adrenaline pours into the bloodstream, and the mind becomes hyper-alert. It’s important to not let these physical responses prevent you from thinking clearly.
- Assess the situation: Start with yourself. How badly are you hurt? Do you notice any pain, swelling, or confusion? Was anyone else involved in the accident? If so, then what is their condition?
- Get help: There is no such thing as a “safe” accident. It’s important to let a healthcare professional check you out, even if you feel fine. Many medical conditions don’t become obvious until some time after an accident.
- Get in touch with loved ones and personal associates: Apprise them of the accident and let them know how you’re doing. It’s better that they learn about the situation from you as opposed to a third party.
- Document the circumstances: To the best of your ability, reconstruct what happened before, during, and immediately after the accident. Take pictures or make videos, if possible.
This last step is especially important from a legal point of view. Should you end up in court, the smallest detail may decide the outcome of your case. The same is true when dealing with insurance adjusters or investigators.
Coping with the Aftermath of an Accident
You should always seek the help of Mount Kisco personal injury lawyers after an accident, whether or not you believe the other party is liable for the harm you suffered. Here’s why:
- Liability issues are sometimes unclear: Only a qualified personal injury attorney can assess whether you were the victim of another person’s oversight or negligence.
- The effects of an accident may take time to show up: This is true whether the cause of your suffering is a physical injury, mental trauma, or something else entirely.
- Statutes of limitations can work against you: Building a credible case can take months or years. Never assume that you have plenty of time in which to act. The clock is always ticking.
The attorneys here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years. We work on a contingency basis, so we collect no fees unless you win your case.
Douglas and London offers free consultations. So get in touch with us right away if we can help. Someone from our office is available any time, day or night. We look forward to hearing from you.