Lower East Side Personal Injury Lawyer
With a rich cultural heritage and an eye towards ongoing improvement, the Lower East Side offers both the charms of the past and the promise of the future. But accidents can happen anywhere, even in the best neighborhoods.
The laws governing personal injuries are complex and sometimes confusing. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer to guide you through the challenges that lie ahead, so you can focus all your energies on making a full recovery.
Understanding How Personal Injury Law Works
Grounds for a personal injury lawsuit may exist when the circumstances of the case indicate the presence of two factors. These are:
- Damages: This term refers to the pain, suffering, or loss suffered by the injured party. Common examples include medical bills and lost wages.
- Liability: This term refers to the legal responsibility on the part of the person or persons who caused your injury. Liability can exist for reasons of negligence as well as deliberate oversight.
It takes a skilled personal injury attorney to determine whether or not these factors were present at the time of your accident.
The statute of limitations provides strict deadlines for how long you have to seek compensation through a lawsuit. That’s why you should contact a legal professional today if you believe that you have grounds for a case.
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Law Practice
Picking the right Lower East Side personal injury lawyers to handle your case is one of the most important decisions you can make. Here are some tips for choosing wisely:
- Look for a firm with capable attorneys: Personal injury law is a specialized field that takes years to learn. Your health and well-being are too important to take chances with an inexperienced attorney.
- Look for a firm with a proven track record: Any office can claim to produce favorable outcomes. Look for one that backs up its words with results. For example, our attorneys here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years. Can others say the same?
- Look for a firm that treats you like a human being: Recovering from a personal injury is never easy. The process may take many years. The last thing you need is a law office that treats you like an impersonal case number.
- Look for a law firm with investigative experience: Knowledge of the law is one thing. The ability to uncover important facts is another. Remember, your case may depend on a tiny detail that requires a keen investigative eye to spot.
- Look for a law firm with no upfront fees: One of the worst things about a personal injury is the way it hurts your ability to earn a living. At a time like this, why choose a practice that hits you with high fees just for telling your story?
Get in touch with us here at Douglas and London if we can help you in any way. Consultations are always free, and we never collect a fee unless you win your case.
You can reach us 24/7. We look forward to speaking with you.