Long Island Personal Injury Lawyer
A serious injury can affect every area of your life. At Douglas & London, our Long Island personal injury lawyers want the same thing as you: to help you put your life back in order. This goes beyond simply settling an insurance claim. It means understanding your immediate and long-term needs and advocating for the maximum compensation to meet them.
Why choose a Douglas & London personal injury attorney?
At Douglas & London, our Long Island personal injury lawyers specialize in serious injuries. We understand the impact that they have on victims and their families, and we know what it takes to hold those at fault accountable.
Our experience sets us apart:
- We have been representing victims of personal injury for nearly two decades
- We have secured billions of dollars on behalf of clients
- Our team includes award-winning litigators and a former nurse
- The firm has served as court-appointed lead and trial counsel in national multidistrict litigations across the country
- We provide personal attention to meet your needs
We are located in New York but provide experienced representation to clients across the country in national litigation. If you live on Long Island but need to file a lawsuit against a defendant somewhere else, we can do that
Why specialized experience matters
You have a lot of choices when it comes to hiring an attorney but it is one choice where “multi-purpose” can be harmful to your case. Especially when there are serious injuries involved, the lawyer who writes your will or represents you on a speeding ticket is likely not the attorney to best represent your interests in an injury claim.
It is important that the personal injury lawyer you retain has experience in the many functions necessary for a successful suit. This includes an investigation into the cause, understanding of all liability issues, how to prove the damages, and even knowledge of the special laws or regulations that the defendant was bound to follow. At Douglas & London, we have a team of professionals with extensive experience. We make representing injury victims our main focus so we can provide competent services in these areas.
Types of personal injury cases we handle
Personal injuries can arise in any setting, whether it is a boating accident off Long Island Sound or a workplace injury in an office building. Since we are dedicated to representing those injured by someone else’s negligent or intentional actions, our attorneys have expertise in many personal injury areas, including but not limited to:
- Auto accidents, including Lyft crashes, truck accidents, and mass transportation accidents
- Wrongful death
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents, including construction injuries
- Environmental and toxic torts like asbestos exposure, lead poisoning, and Legionnaires’ disease
- Defective drugs and medical devices
- Product liability
- Medical malpractice
There is no substitute for meeting with a personal injury attorney in person to make sure they are a good fit for your needs. While our experience speaks for itself, we invite you to schedule a free consultation with Douglas & London to learn how we can advocate on your behalf.