Lockport Car Accident Lawyer
Lockport is famous for the Erie Canal, which runs through the heart of our community. These days, however, most of us travel by automobile, not by steamship. But traveling by car can lead to serious injuries and loss of property. Nobody wants to suffer a car crash, of course. Yet sometimes even our safest habits can’t protect us from misfortune.
When the unexpected occurs, a car accident lawyer is the person to see. They can help you get the compensation you need to cover medical bills, meet household expenses, and enjoy peace of mind. Your road to recovery starts by making the call today.
Sometimes it comes down to mechanical problems; sometimes it doesn’t
Today’s automobiles are safer than ever before, with airbags, rearview cameras, and antilock brakes as common features. Yet all the technology in the world can’t compensate for the foibles and flaws of human nature which is why you need a personal injury attorney.
With that in mind, here are some of the most common causes of car collisions these days:
- Distracted drivers: Many motorists are far too obsessed with their smartphones and other mobile devices. But not all driving distractions stem from misused technology. Something as simple as reaching down to adjust the stereo volume can cause a momentary attention lapse that leads to a serious accident.
- Impaired drivers: This refers to anything which can make motorists less able to control their vehicle. Common causes of impairment include alcohol, drug use, lack of sleep, and strong emotional states.
- Driving too fast for conditions: There’s a reason why highway police officers and tow truck drivers stay busy on rainy or snowy days. People forget that adverse weather calls for extra caution while behind the wheel.
- Running red lights: New Yorkers are known for being in a hurry. There’s nothing wrong with that, as long as it doesn’t lead to hazardous driving. When motorists fail to follow the law, however, innocent people often pay the price.
- Potholes or other road problems: Keeping our roads in good shape is the job of highway officials. Unfortunately, sometimes, they let potholes and other hazards stay in place instead of fixing them. This can expose the public to serious dangers.
- Mechanical or technical problems: How many times have you heard about a vehicle being recalled for safety issues?
As you can see, the list of potential causes for auto accidents is almost endless. Getting to the bottom of the matter and determining whether you’re eligible for compensation is a job for a skilled car accident lawyer.
That’s where a Douglas & London car accident attorney comes into the picture. Here’s what you can expect when you choose us to handle your case:
- Peace of mind: The attorneys at Douglas & London have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years. That’s the kind of track record that inspires trust.
- Courtesy and compassion: Our Lockport car accident lawyers understand that injury victims can suffer from both physical and psychological trauma. That’s why we surround our clients with caring support, even as we provide them with excellent legal representation.
- Freedom from burdensome fees: We offer free consultations and work on contingency, so you never have to worry about upfront costs.
Get in touch with our Douglas & London team of Lockport car accident lawyers today to learn more. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.