Fresh Meadows Personal Injury Lawyers
There is no pattern or formula for accidents. From car wrecks to slip and fall accidents, a severe injury can occur when least expected. The complications from this can include hefty medical bills, time away from work, and the inability to meet your day-to-day needs on your own. If you suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, our team of Fresh Meadows Personal Injury Lawyers of Douglas & London could help.
For the better part of 20 years, we’ve advocated and fought for Fresh Meadows residents who’ve suffered from vehicle accidents to slip and fall injuries, to everything in between. For an experienced and compassionate personal injury lawyer, you can count on, contact us right away to schedule a free consultation.
Types of cases we handle
When you consider hiring a personal injury lawyer, it is important the ensure they are prepared to take on your case. Some attorneys shy away from certain types of injury cases or focus on one niche area of the law. At Douglas & London, we are always ready to discuss your case. Some types of injury cases we commonly handle include:
- Defective Products: When a product is defective or rendered unsafe by faulty manufacturing or instructions, an injured consumer might have a viable claim. Common defective items include children’s toys, medicine, and food products.
- Vehicle Accidents: Vehicle collisions involving cars, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles can have a devastating impact. There are many potential causes of a vehicle accident, including fatigue, intoxication, or negligence
- Premises Liability: After a slip and fall or another injury on someone else’s property, the injury victim could have a claim for damages. A victim’s relationship with the property is important, as trespassers are less likely to have a viable claim.
- Dangerous Drugs: Consumer products are not the only defective items that impact a consumer. When medications are inherently dangerous, they can post life-altering risks to anyone that takes them.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, nurses, and hospitals make mistakes like the rest of us. When those mistakes happen in a medical setting, however, the results can be deadly. Common medical errors include surgery mistakes, misdiagnosis, and failure to treat an illness.
Damages in a personal injury lawsuit
When you suffer damages in an accident through no fault of your own, it is only fair that the responsible party is held accountable. These could include not just your medical bills, but any psychological, physical, or economic damages as well. It is crucial for a personal injury attorney to identify all of these in your case to maximize your recovery. Some common examples include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage costs
- Permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
Contact our Fresh Meadows personal injury lawyers for a free consultation
You do not have to take on the challenges of a personal injury case by yourself. For a free consultation, contact us today so you can focus on healing and getting your life back on track again.