Freeport Car Accident Lawyer
Freeport is unique among New York communities, in that automobiles are more common than public transportation. There’s something to be said for this arrangement, as it affords us a high level of comfort and convenience. But it also makes auto accidents more common.
You need a car accident attorney when you’ve been hurt due to someone else’s negligence behind the wheel. But sorting out the legal and technical details that come with an auto accident case requires a special kind of law office.
With that in mind, we’d like to offer the following guide to auto accident law. Feel free to contact us here at Douglas & London if we can help in any way. We’re here to serve.
Why auto accident claims are so complicated
On the surface, receiving compensation after an auto accident seems simple. You file a claim, the insurance company pays off, and each party goes about their business.
But, as we all know, things are rarely that simple. Here’s why:
- Compensation is based on several key factors: You must show that you were injured as a result of a motorist’s actions. You must also prove that the driver in question operated his or her vehicle in a dangerous, negligent, or illegal fashion. Finally, you must also show that you’re entitled to the amount of compensation for which you’re asking.
- Either the insurer or the driver can dispute your version of events: You may end up in court, where the other side will do everything possible to protect its interests.
- Time is not on your side: Both statutes of limitation and the transitory nature of evidence can work against you when dealing with auto accident matters. This is why we urge victims to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. The time to act is now.
We mention these facts, not to discourage you from seeking fair compensation, but to make you aware of the challenges you’re likely to face in the process.
Sometimes the claims process does go smoothly. But, when it doesn’t, you should never hesitate to consult with Freeport car accident lawyers. Their assistance can make all the difference in the world, not only in a financial sense but in how your post-accident recovery turns out.
This leads to the matter of choosing the right firm to handle your case. Here’s why we think that Douglas & London may be a good fit for your needs:
- We have the right kind of experience: During our careers, we have represented plaintiffs pursuing justice against some of the biggest and wealthiest corporations. We’re never intimidated by the other side’s power or influence. We hold our ground when we know we’re in the right.
- We have the right kind of resources: Proving a case is like building a house. It starts with a solid foundation of facts and goes up from there, guided by the skill and experience of the legal and investigative team. We excel at this type of challenge.
- We have the right approach: As New York attorneys, we have a stake in making our city a better place to live. The includes treating accident victims with the care, compassion, and respect they deserve.
Contact Douglas & London today to arrange your no-cost consultation with our team of car accident lawyers. We look forward to hearing from you.