Far Rockaway Car Accident Lawyer
Far Rockaway is no stranger to traffic congestion, and it should come as no surprise that this often results in traffic accidents. While many of these accidents are minor, an unfortunate number of them result in serious injuries. If you have been hurt, our Douglas and London team of Far Rockaway car accident lawyers might be able to help.
We are dedicated to fighting for the car accident victims of Far Rockaway. We are proud to have built a working relationship with our clients in the area, and we take our duty to them seriously. Let a car accident attorney from Douglas & London serve as your legal advocate if you were hurt through no fault of your own.
Common car accident injuries
With so many ways for the human body to sustain damage, it is impossible to list every type of injury in a collision. However, some of the most common ones include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including whiplash
- Internal bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Injured joint and ligaments
- Cuts and bruises
It is important to seek medical treatment. Even though an injury could seem minor at first, it could escalate into a serious condition over time. After your medical condition has stabilized, your next call should be to an experienced car accident lawyer.
Types of dangerous car accidents
The most dangerous types of car accidents can be divided into a small number of categories. While every type has the potential for severe injury, these are often the worst:
- Head-on collisions commonly lead to life-threatening injuries. These crashes occur when the front-end of two vehicles collide with each other. In most cases, these crashes occur between vehicles on the same roadway heading the opposite direction. Given the speed and force of impact, many head-on crashes are fatal.
- Side-impact collisions are also very dangerous. A side-impact crash, also known as a T-bone collision, involves the front of one car striking the side of another. The occupants of the vehicle struck in the side are especially vulnerable, as this part of a car offers little in the way of cushioning in an impact.
- Finally, rollover crashes lead to a significant amount of fatal accidents. This occurs when a vehicle loses control and rolls end over end. The roof of a car has the least amount of padding in a crash, which can lead to devastating injuries.
Reach out to Douglas & London today
At Douglas & London, our goal is to maximize your financial recovery. To learn more about how we approach a case like yours, contact our firm to schedule your free case evaluation. We are standing by, ready to fight for your future.