East Harlem Car Accident Lawyer
Where can you find tastier food, better music, or a wider array of products and services than East Harlem? Nowhere, of course. Our community is finally being recognized for the riches it offers both residents and visitors. But every part of the city has its downsides. Far too many car accidents plague this part of New York City. For the victims of this, life can be a long, slow, painful journey to recovery.
Are you suffering due to someone else’s irresponsibility behind the wheel? If so, then we have good news. Our Douglas and London team of East Harlem car accident lawyers can help you to get the compensation you need to pay medical bills, meet living expenses, and begin to rebuild your life.
Why so many car accidents these days?
On one level, it seems odd that automotive accidents are still commonplace. After all, vehicles are safer than ever. Even inexpensive compact cars offer anti-lock brakes, airbags, and other advanced safety features.
All the technology in the world can’t compensate for human error, however. Here are some of the reasons for the city’s epidemic of auto collisions:
- Distracted driving: This is perhaps the leading cause of auto accidents, not only in NYC but across the country. Smartphones and other digital devices make our lives easier, but they also pose serious safety risks when used while driving.
- Substance abuse: Rates of DUI (driving under the influence) have plunged in recent years, thanks to growing public awareness. Yet it is still an issue.
- Mechanical problems: Sometimes, these are caused by the auto owner’s negligence. All too often, though, the blame lies with the company that designed and built the vehicle for letting defects go unaddressed.
- Road or street condition: Government transit departments are responsible for keeping roads in good repair, ensuring proper sign placement, and removing visual obstructions. When these agencies fail to do their jobs, innocent people often pay the price.
As you can see, the possible causes of an auto accident are not always clear. This is why you should speak to a qualified car accident lawyer about this, even if you believe that you were the one at fault. It takes a sharp legal mind to sort through the complex issues of liability.
Douglas & London: East Harlem’s choice for auto accident law
Choosing the right East Harlem car accident lawyers need not be time-consuming or stressful. Choose the firm that stands out for its excellence and ethics, Douglas & London. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Freedom from costly legal bills: We never charge for consultations. And we collect no fees of any kind unless you win your case.
- Expert representation: Our attorneys have recovered more than $4 billion for our clients over the years. Results like these speak for themselves.
- A client-centered focus: We treat you like a human being, not like a case number. That’s why we’re available 24/7, either online or by phone.
New York Statutes limit the time you have after an accident to seek compensation. So, don’t delay. Contact Douglas & London today for a better tomorrow.