Concourse Personal Injury Lawyers
A personal injury is no reason to file for bankruptcy. When people act outside reasonable standards, putting others at increased risk of harm, they can be held liable for the damage they directly or indirectly caused. Depending on the case, damages may include tangible losses like medical costs, lost wages, home care services, and disability-related home modifications, as well as estimated losses like future pain and suffering, reduced earning capacity, “pain and suffering,” and (in rare cases) punitive damages designed to punish wrongdoing. Contact a personal injury lawyer at Douglas and London for courteous, expert service in Concourse, Bronx.
Do You Have A Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injuries range from motor vehicle crashes and slip-and-fall accidents, to medical malpractice and defective consumer products. We represent people suffering from serious and disabling accidents such as broken bones, organ damage, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, burns, and disfiguration. We also represent bereaved family members who have lost a loved one in a senseless tragedy.
You do not need the services of a personal injury attorney if:
- You did not suffer physical harm but feel someone “could have hurt or killed you.”
- Your injuries involved minor, superficial cuts, bruises, and scrapes that will fully heal in a few weeks.
- You were negligent and 100% responsible for what happened, with no other parties possibly involved.
It’s okay if you have no idea what exactly happened in those moments before your injury. Our investigative team can look into the incident to determine if and where liability exists. Even if you were partly to blame for the accident, the State of New York allows you to collect on a percentage of the total damages allowed.
Do You Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?
While the courts allow individuals to file their own lawsuits pro se, it is not recommended in complex personal injury matters. Defendants tend to expend a vast amount of resources to protect their reputation and finances.
There are many services a personal injury attorney performs above and beyond handling of paperwork:
- Helping you find the most respected medical care providers in Concourse and the surrounding area.
- Providing compassionate support, so you know someone else recognizes your suffering.
- Linking you with advocacy groups focused on enacting change.
- Investigating the deeper causes of your accident in a more thorough manner than the police.
- Subpoenaing inaccessible documents and interviewing the other side for valuable testimony.
- Tapping a vast network of experts and esteemed professionals willing to testify on your behalf.
- Using established rapport with the judge and law clerks to secure more favorable terms.
- Upholding the final decision and ensuring you get paid in full and on-time.
For a small matter worth less than $5,000, you may be able to negotiate with insurers directly to settle matters. However, for most accidents involving serious injury, you can’t afford to leave the resolution to chance. Hiring a fierce advocate can achieve double or even triple the compensation than going it alone.
Proudly Serving The Bronx Region of New York City
Douglas and London proudly serves all of the Bronx, including the 30,000+ residents in West Concourse, East Concourse, and Concourse Village. We understand the financial strain you are under. In an effort to relieve your stress, we provide FREE consultations. If we agree to represent your personal injury case, you will pay NOTHING upfront. We only collect attorney fee and costs out of the settlement or jury award we win on your behalf. Over the past two decades, we have won $4 billion for our personal injury clients. Contact us risk-free.