Co-op City Car Accident Lawyer
In an era of urban sprawl and overdevelopment, Co-op City is a model of smart planning and community spirit. Many of our residents can work, shop, exercise, and enjoy a wide range of recreational activities— all without ever getting into a car. There’s nothing wrong with having an automobile, provided the owner responsibly uses the vehicle. It’s when cars or trucks are mishandled that accidents and injuries occur.
If a driver’s negligence has caused you to suffer, then a New York City car accident lawyer can help. It all starts by getting in touch with Douglas & London today.
The high costs of auto accidents
Auto collisions cost the US economy over $800 billion a year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This amounts to a hidden tax of almost $1,000 on every man, woman, and child in the country. Dollar figures alone can never express the human costs of auto accidents. Each year, they are the cause of life-altering injuries for more than 3 million Americans.
Many of these unfortunate people will carry the effects of their accident with them for the rest of their lives. Therefore, talking to Co-op City car accident lawyers is so important for both your future and your immediate peace of mind.
One problem, many causes
What’s behind this epidemic of automotive accidents? Research shows that the problem leads back to multiple causes, including:
- Driver irresponsibility: A driver’s license is a privilege, not a right. Yet far too many licensed drivers speed, tailgate, switch back and forth between lanes and use mobile devices while behind the wheel.
- Defective vehicles: Too many automakers rush through the design and assembly process, leaving critical flaws unaddressed. This can lead to millions of unsafe automobiles on the road.
- Poor driving conditions: Sometimes, Mother Nature plays a role in auto accidents, like when the sun has set, and snow is falling fast and hard. Other times, however, the fault lies with the city for failing to fix potholes and other safety hazards.
- Mismanaged public projects: Contractors are responsible for clearly marking worksites and keeping construction equipment and materials away from public roads. But sometimes they ignore important safeguards and put the rest of us at risk.
No matter what caused your injuries, you have the right to seek compensation. The best thing to do is to talk to one of our Douglas & London Co-op City car accident lawyers as soon as possible. Here’s what you can expect:
- A fair and frank evolution of your case: Like most New Yorkers, we believe in getting down to business. At the same time, we never forget that you’re a human being. You’ll receive courteous, professional service and expert legal advice.
- Freedom from out-of-pocket fees: We offer free consultations as a matter of policy. Should we take your case, we’ll collect no fees at all unless you win. What could be fairer than that?
- Confidence and peace of mind: The attorneys here at Douglas & London have recovered more than $18 billion for our clients over the years. We’re never afraid to go up against big corporations or other powerful interests. Our clients always get top priority.
Get in touch with Douglas & London today to learn more by speaking with a skilled car accident attorney. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.