Central Harlem Car Accident Lawyer
Central Harlem is known the world over for its superb restaurants, bustling markets, and cosmopolitan atmosphere. We’re quickly becoming the go-to place for anyone who wants to savor the city at its best. Like any place, however, this part of the city has its share of problems, including a high rate of car accidents. Our congested streets and fast-paced lifestyle sometimes make for a dangerous combination.
A car accident lawyer can never undo what blind chance or willful negligence may have caused. But they canhelp you to pick up the pieces of your life after a collision. With that in mind, let’s look at what New York law has to say about statutes of limitation.
The true cost of waiting too long
At first, it may seem unfair for the state to impose time limits on seeking civil action. However, these rules are important for protecting all of us. Otherwise, we could find ourselves dragged into court to defend ourselves for something that occurred decades before, long after we’re able to mount a legal defense.
In New York, the time limit for seeking compensation is two years after the accident. However, you should contact our Douglas and London team of Central Harlem car accident lawyers right away. Here are several reasons why:
- Time makes even the most vivid memories fade: This is a crucial fact to keep in mind if your case depends upon eyewitness testimony.
- Evidence degrades or disappears altogether: It’s not enough to have proof that your version of events is correct. That same proof must stand up to rigorous criticism from the other side. This becomes harder to achieve as weeks and months slip by.
- Other things take priority: Recovering from an accident takes time, effort, and energy. You may find yourself forced to put off your case, making it more difficult for our team of Central Harlem car accident lawyers to help you.
Once you decide to seek compensation, the next step is to choose the right law office to handle your case. Here are some tips to use during your search:
- Insurance companies are worried about their bottom line, not your well-being: Sadly, this may make them resort to underhanded tactics, even misrepresenting the truth in some cases. Never assume that the offer they’re making is the best you can get.
- The costs of recovering from an accident are usually higher than you think: Medical bills are only one part of the story. Lost wages, unmet expenses, long-term rehabilitation, and other factors can inflate the final tab significantly. It’s better to overestimate than to under-estimate.
- Auto accident law is complex and challenging: You have probably seen TV spots for personal injury attorneys. Many of these firms do a decent job of representing their clients. But obtaining the best possible outcome takes not only a skilled attorney but capable investigators and other support staff.
Once you consider the above facts, we think you’ll find that Douglas & London is the best choice to handle your case. Find out for yourself by contacting us today. It will cost you nothing to tell us your story. Should we take your case, we will work on contingency, meaning that you’ll never have to worry about out-of-pocket fees. We’re available 24/7, either online or by phone. We look forward to speaking with you.