Brownsville Personal Injury Lawyer
When a person experiences a severe injury, there is often a lot more to recover from than the injury itself. Additional medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses resulting from the incident can have a considerable financial impact on individuals and their families. And even worse— is when that injury was caused by another person’s negligence. In these situations, victims have the right to sue the person or parties responsible, collecting financial compensation to cover both tangible and intangible losses.
If you or someone you love has been injured, disabled, or has died, and you believe another party may be at fault, contact the Brownsville personal injury lawyers at Douglas and London today. With more than 17 years of helping victims, we can help you determine if you have a case and what you may be eligible for.
Types of personal injury cases
Any personal injury that was caused due to a failure to address known hazards, follow reasonable safety procedures or required protocols, or other reckless behavior may be eligible for a lawsuit. Some examples include:
- Car accidents, bus accidents, and other types of vehicle collisions
- Defective vehicles, toys, kitchen appliances, or other products
- Construction site and other work-related accidents
- Injuries occurring on public or private property, such as a slip and fall
- Vaccine, medication, and medical device injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
The state of New York allows victims up to three years to file a lawsuit against the responsible party or parties. However, the process of filing a civil case can be long and complex for people without extensive experience. A Douglas and London personal injury lawyer can help you through the process and ensure your case is heard and a proper settlement is reached.
What you can sue for in a personal injury case
One of the biggest mistakes personal injury lawyers make when filing a lawsuit is failing to carefully consider every expense that has (and will) result from the accident. At Douglas and London, a personal injury attorney will take the time to build a comprehensive list of costs, so that you receive the highest settlement possible for your case.
Common damages included in our personal injury lawsuits are:
- The cost of current and ongoing medical treatment, assistance, and equipment
- The cost of important family tasks such as childcare that the victim can no longer perform
- Recovery of wages due to missed work, loss of a job, or death of a spouse, parent, or head of household
- Expenses related to funerals, memorials
- Intangible cost of pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and decrease in quality of life
Damages included in your case are completely personalized and will vary according to the losses you and your family have experienced as a result of the injury or loss of life.
Hiring experienced personal injury lawyers
Douglas and London’s Brownsville personal injury attorneys have been winning personal injury lawsuits since 2002 and have collected more than $18 billion dollars for our clients. Not only will we help you collect the maximum compensation for your injury, but we won’t get paid until you do. Call us today to see how our team at Douglas and London can help you and your family.