Bensonhurst Personal Injury Lawyers
The experienced Bensonhurst personal injury lawyers of Douglas & London are proud to have stood with local injury victims since 2002. Our firm knows the impact a severe injury can have on your life, which is why we make it our goal to get you the compensation you deserve. When another person’s negligence is responsible for your injuries, a personal injury lawyer from Douglas & London will be ready to help you take on the responsible party and their insurance company.
When it comes to our long history of successful settlements and verdicts, you do not have to take our word for it. The testimonials of our satisfied clients give you an idea of the level of personal service and skilled legal representation you can expect. Call today to get started on your injury claim.
Common types of personal injury lawsuits
No two personal injury cases are the same. In fact, the circumstances surrounding a Bensonhurst personal injury lawsuit could involve an infinite number of factors. That said, some of the most common types of claims include:
- Vehicle Accidents – There are more than 6 million vehicle crashes in the United States each year, and that number is growing.
- Slip and fall accidents – A fall can lead to devastating injuries; when these injuries result from a landowner’s negligence, a plaintiff could have viable damages claim.
- Work injuries – From scaffolding collapses to electrical injuries; the workplace is a common site for injuries.
- Medical errors – While most medical professionals are careful during a procedure, preventable mistakes can happen.
- Defective products – We rely on thousands of household products every day. When those products are defective, injuries can occur when we least expect it.
Damages in a personal injury lawsuit
Regardless of the nature of a personal injury lawsuit, the available damages are the same from one case to another. However, not every lawsuit will result in compensation. It is up to our team of Bensonhurst personal injury lawyers to identify the nature of their client’s injuries and prepare a suit accordingly. Common types of damages in a personal injury lawsuit include:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Future medical costs
- Property damage repair bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
To obtain the compensation you deserve, it is crucial that you work closely with a personal injury attorney to obtain justice.
The deadline to file your lawsuit
Because of the deadlines that apply to the filing of lawsuits in New York, it is crucial that you get started on your injury claim right away. Under New York state law, the statute of limitations will bar you from proceeding with a claim– if is filed after the statute of limitations has expired.
In New York, the statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit is three years from the date of the injury.
Contact a Bensonhurst personal injury attorney
If you are ready to discuss your options with prospective legal counsel, our firm offers a free, no-obligation initial consultation to anyone considering an injury suit. To learn more, schedule your consultation today.