Albany Business Interruption Insurance Lawyer
As a business owner, you’re used to dealing with crises. But nobody could have foreseen how the coronavirus pandemic is impacting businesses across the globe.
Human health must always come first, of course. But often this depends upon a sound, functioning economy. That’s why receiving the benefits of business interruption coverage (BIC) is essential for thousands of struggling companies during these troubled times.
Unfortunately, many insurance firms are throwing up roadblocks when it comes to filing a COVID 19-related claim. In some cases, business owners are being threatened with increased premiums or even canceled policies.
As Albany business interruption insurance lawyers, we’ve seen insurers resort to these tactics before. That’s why we’ll do everything possible to help you get the BIC funds you deserve. Contact our office today to schedule your free consultation.
Now is the time to file your claim
The term for a business interruption claim is “first notice of loss” (FNOL). It’s essential for you to file your coronavirus FNOL as soon as you can. Here’s why:
- To avoid ironclad deadlines: Insurance companies place strict limits on the amount of time you have in which to file.
- To gather the evidence you need: The more documentation you have on your side, the better your chances will be for getting the funds you deserve.
- To give yourself a head start: Filing the initial claim removes one of the hurdles you must cross to achieve a favorable outcome.
Trust us; this is one of those times when quick and decisive action is essential.
There’s no such thing as an “open and shut case” when it comes to insurance
Perhaps you have heard that your chances of receiving BIC benefits for a COVID 19 claim are almost nil. But a business interruption insurance attorney will likely have a different perspective on that topic. Here’s why:
- Courts take a dim view of ambiguous and misleading terminology: In fact, the legal consensus is that ambiguity in an insurance agreement must always favor the policyholder, not the company.
- Many attorneys believe that the virus-related exemptions in most BIC policies are indeed ambiguous: Here at Douglas and London, we are leading the charge against what we see as a blatant attempt by the insurance industry to evade its legal responsibilities.
- Legal opinions regarding COVID 19 and BIC coverage are taking shape while you’re reading these words: It’s essential to keep this in mind, just in case your insurance broker says you “don’t stand a chance” of collecting the benefits you’ve paid for.
Why should you choose Douglas and London?
The Albany business interruption insurance lawyers here at Douglas and London have a proven track record of success. In fact, our attorneys have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years. They can help you, as well.
If we take your case, then we’ll work on contingency. So there’s no need to worry about out-of-pocket fees. We collect nothing unless you prevail. Don’t delay any longer. Put Douglas and London to work for you by getting in touch with us today. Available 24/7.