Manhattan Personal Injury Attorneys
At Douglas & London, we work tirelessly to ensure your voice is heard and your injuries justly compensated. If you’ve been hurt through the negligent actions or misconduct of another party, a Manhattan personal injury lawyer can protect your rights. Whether you live on the Upper West Side, East Village, SoHo, Harlem, Greenwich Village, Tribeca, or anywhere else in the borough of Manhattan, skilled legal representation is close at hand.
Over the past 20 years, our accomplished trial attorneys have achieved multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements in a wide range of personal injury matters, helping clients maximize their financial recovery. Our outstanding case results – which total more than $4 billion— speak to our staunch work ethic, creative strategies, and ability to demonstrate the true degree of all harms suffered.
Results-Focused Manhattan Personal Injury Attorney
The founding partners of Douglas & London have served as lead counsel in some of the largest mass torts in recent years, underscoring our in-depth knowledge of medical device and pharmaceutical litigation.
When you need a powerful advocate in your corner– a high-caliber Manhattan personal injury attorney who is passionate, tenacious, and client-focused every step of the way– call the Manhattan office of Douglas & London. Discuss your legal rights during a confidential case evaluation, offered free of charge.
Types of Manhattan Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Pursue the compensation you deserve with a legal advocate by your side. We leverage extensive experience handling and litigating personal injury claims based on negligence. Some of the most common examples include:
- Car Accidents – We work with hundreds of Manhattan car accident victims every year– caused by distracted drivers, drowsy driving, defective vehicle parts, road hazards, driving while intoxicated and reckless behavior.
- Truck Accidents – 18-wheelers and tractor-trailers are some of the most dangerous vehicles on our roadways. Douglas & London has the experience to hold negligent truck drivers and the companies they work for liable when they fail to adhere to state and federal safety regulations regarding cargo, hours of service, and vehicle maintenance.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Injured motorcyclists can sue for damages against negligent parties, even if their injuries are not considered life-threatening. We collaborate with accident reconstruction specialists to maximize compensation in motorcycle injury claims.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Every year, thousands of pedestrians are knocked down and injured on Manhattan’s busy streets. Statistics show a 58 percent increase in NYC pedestrian fatalities this past year. Legal action is an effective way to recoup monetary damages for lost wages and medical bills.
- Bus Accidents – Inclement weather, reckless driving, and lax vehicle maintenance are some of the most common causes of MTA bus accidents in the city. Our skilled personal injury attorneys aggressively pursue damages to account for all losses suffered.
- Train Accidents – Douglas & London procured a $20 million verdict on behalf of a minor who suffered a skull fracture when hit by an NYC subway. You can depend on our attorneys for steadfast advocacy in claims involving all railway systems, including PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson), Long Island Railroad (LIRR), New Jersey Transit (NJT), and others
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Manhattan property owners of residential and commercial premises have a legal duty to ensure their grounds are reasonably safe and free of potential slip and fall hazards. When this responsibility goes unheeded, or the property owner fails to warn about a known danger, victims can pursue legal action.
- Dangerous Drugs – Our attorneys have held key positions in mass torts regarding defective medications and have successfully taken on Big Pharma. Numerous injuries can occur because of dangerous medications that result in a product liability claim.
- Defective Medical Devices – With expert legal counsel from Douglas & London, victims of defective joint replacements, hernia mesh, ventilators, and other ill-designed medical devices can pursue the justice they deserve.
- Medical Malpractice – Surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, medication errors, and negligence that causes birth injuries can all result in a medical malpractice claim. By working with medical experts, our attorneys have won millions of dollars in med-mal settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- Birth Injuries – Any mistakes or lapses in judgment by healthcare providers during labor can lead to tragic consequences. Our team has handled birth injury cases involving brain damage, cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injury, Erb’s Palsy, and PPHN.
- Product Liability – Product manufacturers must ensure their goods are tested, vetted, and safe for their intended purpose. Many product liability claims are filed because of design and manufacturing defects or a failure to warn of known risks. Product liability claims often involve household goods, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and vehicles.
Fierce Litigators in Personal Injury Matters
The city that never sleeps is home to hundreds of serious accidents every day. So, whether you were hit while crossing a busy Midtown intersection, were scalded by a defective product, or fell on an ice-covered sidewalk, we will explain your rights and possible remedies with honesty and candor.
Since opening our New York City firm in 2002, our lawyers have garnered a reputation as fierce litigators who don’t back down until justice is served. We are proactive and take a hands-on approach to preserving vital evidence, interviewing witnesses, and handling all communications with insurers and defendants.
Types of Personal Injury Compensation
A successful personal injury claim or lawsuit can seek money damages for losses such as:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages or income during your recovery
- Rehabilitation expenses for physical therapy
- Diminished earning potential
- Scarring or permanent disfigurement
- Pain and suffering that has negatively affected your overall health, quality of life, and wellbeing
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress caused by the accident and injury
After getting detailed information about your prognosis, medical costs, and the long-term effects of your accident, we can provide an estimate of the potential value of your personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Law Firm Manhattan Trusts
Our legal team takes great pride in providing personal attention and responsive communication throughout each phase of the legal process. Clients are informed about every milestone as we work toward achieving a favorable damage award that accurately reflects their physical, emotional, and financial losses.
While most personal injury claims are settled out of court, Douglas & London prepares each case as if it were going to trial. Insurance adjusters know they cannot low-ball a settlement offer when they are up against a veteran trial lawyer. Our law firm works with medical experts, forensic engineers, life care planners, and other professionals to craft a compelling claim for damages.
Liability is proven through key evidence such as police reports, witness statements, cell phone records, physical and photographic evidence retrieved from the accident scene, surveillance footage, and expert testimony.
Contact Douglas & London for a Free Consultation
When the unthinkable happens, and you need the resources of a capable Manhattan injury lawyer, you can count on Douglas & London. If we determine you have grounds for legal action, we assume all costs associated with investigations and litigation. This is particularly helpful to those who have suffered a catastrophic injury or lost the family’s primary breadwinner in a tragic accident.
Our lawyers’ fees are always contingent upon securing a settlement or court award in your case. We will give your case the attention it deserves. Protect your rights by calling us today to arrange a complimentary consultation– we are available 24/7.