Lockport Slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip and fall accidents can strike anytime, anywhere, including right here in Lockport. When they do, it’s good to know that a slip and fall attorney can help you to get the compensation you deserve. The sooner you contact an established, successful law firm like Douglas & London, the sooner you’ll be on the road to maximum financial recovery.
Footwear tips for preventing slip and fall accidents
When it comes to slip and fall accidents, prevention is paramount. One way to keep an accident from happening in their first place is to give some thought to the type of shoes you wear as you go about your daily activities. Here are some tips for choosing your footwear wisely:
- Remember that quality counts: Footwear is the foundation for the rest of your body. Choose the best brand and style that you can reasonably afford, with an eye towards practicality rather than fashion.
- Dress for the occasion: Choose your footwear to match the environment. For example, wear shoes with extra tread when walking on slick, ice sidewalks or snow-covered driveways.
- Remember that slip resistance is important: Slip-resistant shoes typically have rubber soles and built in tread channels to direct water and other liquids away from your feet.
- Keep an eye on the tread: Like the tires on a car, your shoes will tell you when it’s time to replace them. Just keep an eye on the soles. If the anti-slip tread has worn away, then it’s time for a new pair.
Why work with a slip and fall attorney?
If you find yourself injured due to the negligence of others, then talking to a slip and fall lawyer should be at the top of your to-do list. Here’s why:
- So you can understand your options: A qualified attorney can tell you right away if seeking compensation is a realistic choice in your situation.
- So you can send a clear message to the other side: Insurance companies and at-fault parties don’t always have the best interests of accident victims in mind. Hiring Lockport slip and fall lawyers to represent you is a powerful way to show them that you mean business.
- So you can enjoy greater peace of mind: Knowing that a skilled attorney is on your side can help you to focus on other important priorities, such as taking care of yourself after your accident.
The slip and fall lawyers here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years. Get in touch with us today to find out what they can do for you. We’re available 24/7, either online or by calling our office directly. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you owe us no money for our services unless we win money for you.