Queens Village Slip and Fall Lawyers
Queens Village is known for its beautiful outdoor spaces like Cunningham Park. But, while getting around on foot is a great way to enjoy fresh air and exercise, it also presents the possibility of a slip and fall accident.
Getting the full compensation you deserve takes more than luck. It requires the help of a skilled slip and fall attorney. Otherwise, you may find yourself struggling simply to keep yourself financially solvent.
How common are slip and fall injuries?
The National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC) is a branch of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). One of NCIPC’s tasks is to keep track of the number of fall-related injuries that occur in the U.S. each year. Here are some of the troubling facts this agency has uncovered:
- More than 800,000 people a year are hospitalized.
- Of those who receive medical care, the most common forms of injury are head wounds (including concussions) and hip injuries, both of which can cause lifelong debilitating health problems.
- Even those who escape serious injury may still face substantial financial problems, due to the high costs of medical care.
For these reasons and more, we urge you to get in touch with our team of Queens Village slip and fall lawyers. Here are just some of the ways they can help:
- By shedding light on the causes of your injury: Liability for an accident is rarely as clear as many laypeople think. Those who create the conditions in which injuries occur often bear a substantial part of the blame, no matter what occurred.
- By helping you to explore your legal options: Getting your fair share of compensation means having a skilled legal negotiator in your corner, one who knows when it’s time to talk and when it’s time to go to court.
- By standing up for you against high-pressure tactics: Queens Village slip and fall lawyers can take your side, not only against insurance companies but bill collectors and even the people who caused the accident. There’s no better person to have in your corner.
How to choose the right law firm to handle your case
Understanding the importance of legal representation is one thing. Knowing how to choose the right firm is another. Here are some tips for choosing wisely:
- Consider the firm’s track record: For example, the attorneys here at Douglas & London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients. If the practice you’re considering can’t say the same, then it’s perhaps best to look elsewhere.
- Ask if they charge consultation fees: Who has the money to spend on big legal bills after an accident? Look for a firm that will charge you nothing to tell your story.
- Contact them at a time that’s good for you: Client-focused firms make sure that someone from their office is available 24/7 to talk to prospective clients.
Once you consider the above factors, we’re confident that you will choose the slip and fall lawyers of Douglas & London to handle your case. Contact us today to get started on the road to a better tomorrow.