Mineola Slip and Fall Lawyers
Sometimes it’s possible to take reasonable precautions and still fall victim to a personal injury. This is especially true in slip and fall accidents, when property owners fail to adequately indicate the presence of a hazard on the premises you are visiting. If you were hurt in a fall through no fault of your own, we invite you to talk to a Douglas and London slip and fall attorney as soon as possible. Quick action on your part can help you to get the compensation you deserve.
Avoiding injuries is all about having a personal safety strategy. See below for some important tips for minimizing your risk of slip and fall accidents. Please keep Douglas and London in mind if you ever need the services of a skilled personal injury attorney.
Staying safe is a year-round priority
Bad weather, trip hazards, or other environmental factors can make a slip and fall accident more likely.
How do you protect yourself from these everyday dangers? Here’s some helpful tips from Mineola slip and fall lawyers to keep in mind:
- Know what you’re about to face: Check the daily weather forecast before you leave home. That way, you’ll know if you need to carry an umbrella, bring a jacket, or wear galoshes or other weather-specific footwear.
- Keep an eye out for what’s coming your way: Walking around with your eyes focused on your feet, or your smart phone, is a sure-fire recipe for personal injury. Instead, you should look as far ahead of you as possible. That way, you’ll be able to spot if a slick surface or patch of ice is in your way.
- Use care when entering and exiting buses, subways, or other forms of public transportation: Use handrails and watch where you’re stepping. Remember that metal platforms have less slip resistance than do concrete sidewalks and tile floors.
- Protect your vision: See your eye care specialist on a regular basis, especially if you wear glasses or contact lenses. Keeping your prescription current is key to protecting your safety and well-being.
- Check the soles of your shoes from time to time for signs of wear: Most footwear is designed with special tread patterns to channel water away from the wearer’s feet. But they can wear away over time, making a slip and fall accident more likely. If your shoes are past their prime, then either replace them or have them resoled.
The slip and fall lawyers here at Douglas and London have recovered more than $4 billion for their clients over the years. They can help you as well. Get in touch with us today to schedule your no-cost consultation. We’re available 24/7 for your convenience.